• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any 32GB micro-SD card?

Upvote 0
uhhh. india has 64 gb micro sd cards already. you do realize america is on the short end when it comes to tech. the 32gb cards are probably real and will probably be shipped from china or korea. october 08 i bought my 16gb card for $30 on ebay, it was shipped from china and the cheapest one i found anywhere else was around $120 and was ALSO on ebay from china. it works like it should. it actually clocks the same as my droid's card AND has slightly more memory. the droid's card has 14.8 gb, my chinese card has 15.2

Upvote 0
even if there were 64gb micro sd cards, most devices that support micro sdhc are limited to only reading 32gb.

also as far as the speed of the card goes, it's been reported that the native speed for other phones (like the HTC Hero) max out on a class 2 card, so anything higher would not change performance. i _think_ i may have read the same for the droid, but i'm not sure on that one.

either way, hero users claimed to notice performance improvements after switching to a class 6 card. i think it's just a placebo effect, but if anyone cares to give it a try go ahead.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm now part of the Micky Mouse club. My wife & I got Droids the other night. She's not 1/100th the tech-gadget lover I am, and even she can't put her's down!

Makes sense about the Class 2 limitations of the hardware itself.
I pissed the one salesman off because I didn't want to deal with him. He didn't have one, and I saw the other guy working at the Verizon store with one on his belt.

...So many questions, so much to read! So glad this place (& you folks) is here.

Upvote 0
My 32gb Micro SD card expirience:
The 32gb Micro SD cards were being offered (at an "extremely limited supply") at my Verizon store (Princeton, NJ & Hamilton, NJ stores) when I purchased my Motorola Droid 2 weeks ago. They were sold out so I went on a waiting list. The deal was that when the 32gb cards came in again, I could trade the 16gb in & pay the $$ difference for the 32gb micro SD card at the going price at that time (to be determined upon arrival). I checked SanDisk & Kingston & they aren't listing them yet. Due to the high demand of the Droid accessory's and the limited supply of the (yet to be released) 32gb Micro SD cards I had to turn to ebay. There were 2 that were just sold, 1 for $95.00 & one for $130.00. 4 were just put up for auction in the Arizona area so I grabbed one for $145.00. It's a SanDisk & I'll keep you all posted if it's legitimate. Sorry for the long post !

UPDATE: 32gb Micro SD Acquired ! (Read Details below)

The card is legitimate. It is a SanDisk 32gb Micro SD Class 4 card. It is my guess that it was sold by the select few persons that were testing them before their release to the public (only a guess). It had several different types of files on it such as mp3 files, jpeg photos & videos of movie trailers. The 16gb Micro SD card that the Droid came with was a Class 2, this one is a Class 4 which is both noticeable & welcomed. I since formatted it & now have a wealth of space. I highly recommend this card if you can find one.

Attachments

• 32gb_Micro_SD_Card.jpg
    32gb_Micro_SD_Card.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0
The class rating is for write speeds. Read speeds on all cards are more than adequate enough. Since 95% of my SDHC card usage is reading off of it, I'm fine with a class 2 card. Hasn't seemed to affect any of my apps one bit. Now for My D90 I have Class 6 cards, but for my Droid I'll stick to the much cheaper Class 2.

I'm sure you can easily get 32GB cards off eBay. They've been making them for like a year. They just haven't released any for retail purchase yet. Just like pre-release phones, people get pre-release SD cards. Would I trust buying one off eBay? No. But I'm sure people have taken the risk and came up on one.

SD 2.0 limits SDHC cards to 32gb although theoretically the architecture can go up to 2TB I don't know if micro could go that high. But anything above 32gb will be SDXC cards. Toshiba made a 64GB SDXC over the summer, I'm sure the first produced 64gb micro is less than 6 months away.

Upvote 0
Dude.. This post is almost a year and a half old.

Yeah well that is about the one and only real bitch I have about these forums, shows the date for the latest post but not the date for the origional post. I responded to someones question that was over a year old and come to find out later that the OP had already changed phones and there for didn't have the problem any more! actually the OP didn't even respond to any of the posts so they might have moved on (lost job and there for no internet, died... ). I guess if they had time I would ask the mods and guides to go through and delete/combine/cleanup some of the 1000+ old posts that haven't been active in oh 2 years or so.:D

On the OG topic, I just got my 32gb card yesterday for about $60 off amazon. Seems to be working fine, but only had it in since this morning so I can't give much data on testing yet.

Reactions: NiceGuysFinishLast
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well I realize that this reply is REALLY outdated, but just in case someone is still looking for an answer that addresses the original question, there are plenty of 32 GB micros available now. For what it's worth, I would still stick with name brands and personally I would not buy a 32 GB micro in Bulk packaging, or any other way, unless an adapter card is included. 32 GB is too much portable memory to restrict its use to micro slots forever. You can get Sandisk, Transcend, Patriot and plenty of other name brands with an adapter card for $60 or less all over the web now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones