• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Atrix Regrets?

For me, everything is good. I come from hTC tattoo, a very small and cute phone, so everything is perfect for me.
However, there is one thing I have to say.
I cannot find a way to switch betwenn 2g/3g and also no way to turn off the data.
Does any one also have same issue?

I do not believe there is a way to "switch between 2G and 3G" I mean technically it's all 4G ... (since they have blocked additional network coverage for 3G networks)

As far as I know your best way to turn off all data is to go into airplane mode, it switches off all network and goes to wifi only.

Upvote 0
I do not believe there is a way to "switch between 2G and 3G" I mean technically it's all 4G ... (since they have blocked additional network coverage for 3G networks)

As far as I know your best way to turn off all data is to go into airplane mode, it switches off all network and goes to wifi only.

I am hoping to have a way to turn off the data, in case I may go over the limit(cause I dont have unlimited data) at the end of every bill. and also I can still make calls.

is there anyone can do that? Thanx

Upvote 0
I am hoping to have a way to turn off the data, in case I may go over the limit(cause I dont have unlimited data) at the end of every bill. and also I can still make calls.

is there anyone can do that? Thanx

I'm sure there's an easier way than this, but you can download Quick Settings and there's an option to turn off mobile data. There are also a couple of apps that let you monitor your data usage. I don't know about many because I have unlimited :), but here's one - 3G Watchdog.

Good luck.

Reactions: ttccnn
Upvote 0
I *might* return mine. I purchased it on Feb 16th so my time to do so is running out (though it would probably fetch $400+ if I missed my deadline).

Here's my current (it's in a constant state of flux) list of things I'm dis/liking about the Atrix:

-----------------------------------
Speed (OOTB)
Features (basically everything I want
Display
HDMI out
car dock seems cool
Excellent battery life
Good video quality, especially the audio

Dislike
Display (it's in both, some things I really like, others are so-so)
Camera
Probably no bootloader fix, which means:
- mediocre network speeds
- potentially no 2.3, 3.0, etc.
- Moto Blur (even with LP it still looms)

Ambivalent
Docks

Even though I'd have to kick my own ass over this, I'm kind of considering the Samsung GS II.

It POTENTIALLY has better display, bigger display, all features (i.e., GPS, FFC, RFC w/ Flash) plus dual core, super fast GPU, and should be open for devs. It also sports an MHL port, so it handles HDMI out with just a cable.

Big questions:

- Functional GPS?
- Better static camera?
- Bootloader will remain easily hackable?
- Better display? i.e., much lower PPI with larger display + "standard" resolution, but no pentile!
- AT&T availability (and cost)

My problem (if you want to call it that) in the context of my Captivate, is the Atrix is an upgrade in some respects, but a break-even-to-worse in other categories. Plus apparently the current 2.3 variant ROMs are producing good GPS and terrific battery life.

An update [like right now, ~9:55am EST :)] to that last item. I took my Captivate, removed Voodoo, flashed back to a stock JP6, cleared and flashed the new Twingerbread 3.3 which is supposed to have outstanding battery life. We'll see. Cleared my batt stats, and doing a full charge. I'll see how the use the rest of the day goes battery-wise.

Upvote 0
Don't regret it but. The screen inst very impressive and it doesn't feel like glass. It fells like plastic and when you press on it, it makes the LCD warp or whatever.

Agreed!

Other than that no regrets.. Pretty happy with it so far, going on 3 weeks... it does get very warm after only 5 min of angry birds... dont know whats up with that... all my nintendo emulators work great.. the google nav thingy is fricken awesome .. I'll never go back to IOS.. my first android phone and I'm in love with it =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones