• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any chance phandroid going tapatalk?

Just adding my vote for Tapatalk support. One of the best reasons to go tapatalk is that its cross-platform, so iOS, BB and Windows Phone 7 users can still browse Phandroid forums within the app. I'm using a BB today but had several Android devices and am still following Android and iOS via tapatalk. That means I'm browing AndroidCentral much more than phandroid because of AC's tapatalk support.

Reactions: 3vil and Xyro
Upvote 0
Just adding my vote for Tapatalk support. One of the best reasons to go tapatalk is that its cross-platform, so iOS, BB and Windows Phone 7 users can still browse Phandroid forums within the app. I'm using a BB today but had several Android devices and am still following Android and iOS via tapatalk. That means I'm browing AndroidCentral much more than phandroid because of AC's tapatalk support.

I never thought of that but that's an excellent reason you have there :)

Upvote 0
I would go so far as to implore admins here to make tapatalk access for these forums possible. This is by far my favorite place to talk android, but because the problems with the phandroid app (mainly the constant running in the background) make mobile access such a hassle, I don't get to access these forums unless I'm on a pc.

Upvote 0
Now that tt is a go whats the chance that the forum app addes ics support i can say as of now there is no way of usong ot because one it is launched the system process.of the app funs the processor at 90 - 100% and the only way to kill the system process is to reboot the phome and i can send you screen shots of this occuring on the beta and the market apps

Upvote 0
And can't phases change your mod settings? the forum I mod on has the option to change what tools I use

Actually I meant that Tapatalk is missing a lot of our mod tools. That's mainly because the forum has lots of non-stock vBulletin plugins and so on, but there are a few basic things missing like the ability to move individual posts, for example. (Unless I'm just looking in the wrong place).

The ability to quickly open the thread you're on in your browser gets round all that though :)

Upvote 0
Actually I meant that Tapatalk is missing a lot of our mod tools. That's mainly because the forum has lots of non-stock vBulletin plugins and so on, but there are a few basic things missing like the ability to move individual posts, for example. (Unless I'm just looking in the wrong place).

The ability to quickly open the thread you're on in your browser gets round all that though :)

Yeah I see now I know we only run one or two plugins and moving posts with in tapatalk is a royal PITA I just withe till I am the computer lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones