• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone has this messaging problem?

You are right.. Contacting the HTC helpdesk is something people should do in case of problems. But i have the feeling that the HTC helpdesk would be able to help me with my problem in 20% of the time and this forum in 85% of the time. So i usually skip the helpdesk part. The one time i contacted them about this, they were no help at all, only had general information and not about Chacha specific... and in the end i got an advice that was completely useless to me : Convince the dealer to give me back my money and take the phone back.

I have the impression the thing with the messages is really a software bug as it jumps to different places with different keys.. And after pressing the same keys the next time, it doesn't jump there. Also : the key combination are normal text in a text message. I can see that sometimes the machine doesn't do a spelling check, sometimes it does. If it didn't, then i go over the words again, the machine does the check anyway.
Further more, for some strange reason, the software doesn't realise sometimes that a new sentence should start with a Capital letter.. but most of the time it does the job well. But the software bug seems to be getting worse though.
The keyboard and messaging software that is combined in the Chacha seems to be a box of bugs.

Upvote 0
Not using the phone.. it just struck me odd that so many of you were having the same problem. Perhaps it is a glitch in the stock text app. If so, another text app might be the ticket. I use the stock HTC messaging app with my Rez with no problems. I would try another if it were giving me grief however. It might not fix a thing but would cost nothing but a bit of time for a trial. I hope you guys can get to the bottom of the problem or come up with a fix of some sort.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones