• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps not downloading

Hi I have just recently got this phone and have not had the problem before, but today when I have tried to download apps it wouldn't work and comes up wwith the message: "xxxxxxx could not be downloaded due to an error, (Error while retrieving information from server." What should I do? :thinking:

Hi I have just recently got this phone and have not had the problem before, but today when I have tried to download apps it wouldn't work and comes up wwith the message: "xxxxxxx could not be downloaded due to an error, (Error while retrieving information from server." What should I do? :thinking:

Hi Techno_Freak :hello: Welcome to AF.

If it isn't a problem with Google itself, then try going to settings>applications>tap on the all tab at the top, scroll down until you see Google Services Framework. Clear data and reboot your phone. That should work, if it doesn't, try clearing data and cache in Google Play Store.

Upvote 0
Well this is weird. Not meaning to take the thread off topic but look at this.

Screenshots_2012-11-19-19-13-47.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones