1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps Running in Background

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by coach17, Jun 25, 2013.

1. coach17

coach17 Newbie

My wife and I share our data plan with my daughter and son in-law on Verizon wireless with 4gb data. Recently the data usage on my S3 has increased quite a bit. What can I safely stop from running in the background to help this issue. I mostly use WIFI so I am not sure what the issue is. My emails are not pushed through.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

A good place to start would be to go into Settings and choose Data Usage on your daughter's phone: if you scroll down, you should see the apps that are using the most data (assuming your daughter's the one racking up the data - if that's just a guess, it might be worth checking the other phones on the account as well).

You'll probably find it's a sync issue .. probably on something your daughter's started using recently like Facebook or Twitter :D

Try turning off Sync (using the Power Widget), then going through all the apps on your daughter's phone that are using lots of data (e.g. e-mail, facebook, twitter, news & weather apps etc etc) and checking any sync options. Either turn these options off altogether or drastically increase the time between syncs.

3. coach17

coach17 Newbie

Actually it is my phone that is doing this. I will check these.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews