• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App's.

Hello friends and android users,

Well i've just brought a HTC Wildfire and its awesome i've been downloading app's 24/7 and playing games and just doing anything on a phone which a 15 year old would do.

Well currently i've been thinking about app's and stuff, and i had a few ideas about app's which would be fun and uniqe. Like the ideas which i have are not on the app market yet. SO i though why shouldnt i make them? but then the problem arised that i dont know how to make app's. I've done alot of pawno scripting before but i dont know how to make apps as i am new to this stuff. This phone is my friend touch screen phone so ye xD

Well does anyone know how i can make apps or learn to make apps? It would be awesome. I am just doing it for fun and i am sure you all will also have a great laugh with the app. Ofcourse i'll make them free. xD

Huzzy

Thanks alot for your time.;)

Damn! Then i guess i'll just have to request them then :( I am only 15 how do i get $25? xD My parents will kill me.. :(

Thanks anyways mate.

One step at a time. First see if you can, and like, developing apps. If you don't know Java, that alone will take some time. The good thing is, all the tools you need to create apps are free: Java, Eclipse, the Android SDK. There are learning materials online for free, but a good book will go a long way.

EDIT: By the way... there are tools that don't require Java. Check out things like Appcelerator Titanium Mobile. It leverages web skills (like HTML and Javascript). There are other tools like that appearing as well. Some are very powerful. And free.

Another EDIT: Technically, you can give other people your app without the Market. Assuming they have an option enabled, they just need to be able to download your app, and install it manually. Of course, that will drastically reduce the number of people that can find it. But still... Until you figure out a way to sell your little brother/sister into slavery to raise the $25, it gives you a path to get your own app working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones