• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

April Incredible vs June Incredible

Random note on the grounding issue with my Incredible.

-Plugged into the HTC Charger (USB or Wall) everything works fine.
-Plugged into my old BlackBerry Wall charger everything works fine.
-Plugged into my off brand Car Lighter charger everything works fine.
-Plugged into my off brand car lighter charger that is plugged into a wall converter the touch screen does not work at all...

Relatively baffling to me, but that has been my experience so far.

similar experience here.

htc charger - fine. verizon branded car charger - fine. off brand charger - entire phone is severely laggy and music applications start randomly and skip forward at lightspeed through tracks when headphones are connected.

your screen might not be non-functional, you might just need to give it longer presses.

Upvote 0
I was wondering if there is any change on the phone it self from the incredible shipped back in april when it came out compared to the incredible being shipped now in june, did they change anything or fixed any issue on the phone?

If anything it would be the worst idea for HTC to release a new revision of a phone within 30 days of the phone's launch... they would probably lose a ton of money from people returning phones and trying to shoot for a new rev phone, vs the additional wait time for stores to get stock, and it would be just one hot mess. Blackberry did it with the Storm 2 when they "silently" started pushing out a new rev that fixed the screen. VZW was bombarded with calls to replace phones, users got pissed, and then the BB hatemail started.

Upvote 0
I dont necessarily know that Verizon would be legally able to purchase Sprint, or AT&T and Tmobile to merge due to anti-monopoly laws. But, I'm not particularly knowledgeable on regulations such as that, so I could be speaking out of turn ;)

As for the 4G reception, there are always going to be some issues with that, as it's just a nature of the beast... 4G's frequency does not have the penetration ability that 3G has. Therefore, the further you go indoors/underground/the more "stuff" you have between you and the origin of the signal, the weaker your signal will be, especially in comparison to 3G

That's only true for WiMax as it operates at a much higher frequency. Verizon's LTE will have much better penetration and range due to the lower frequency, same range used for the old analog TV broadcasts. I've heard the argument that lower frequencies can suffer quicker from congestion due to loading, but that can be remedied by adding cells. There's nothing practical that can be done with the higher frequencies to remedy the drawbacks. WiMax seems like a good concept, but its best use is line-of-sight broadband at the current frequency. As a Sprint fan commented, as easily convertible to LTE as WiMax is, it would work great as a component of a dual-band network much like 3G operates.

Upvote 0
similar experience here.

htc charger - fine. verizon branded car charger - fine. off brand charger - entire phone is severely laggy and music applications start randomly and skip forward at lightspeed through tracks when headphones are connected.

your screen might not be non-functional, you might just need to give it longer presses.

So.... don't use off brand chargers? Probably not the best idea anyway.

Upvote 0
VZW should just buy Sprint and bring those handsets and customers onto the network. Let them have their grandfathered plans and just continue to grow the network and technology. The only thing that would scare me about that is that AT&T and T-Mobile could merge and make a serious contender.

Right, because less competition is exactly what we need right now.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
*update*

I just got off the phone with Verizon Rep about the unresponsive screen problem. who didn't know anything about this situation, I made him transfer me to a Verizon Tech after a lot of negotiating.

The Verizon Rep decided to stay on the line with me, and we both spoke to the Verizon Tech about the issue.

After a long explanation on my part, they say its not in there Reported faults so I made Sarah the tech I was talking to go to this forum, and lots of other forums, and search Google for to find information out about this issue.

She found lots of people mentioning they had reported it to Verizon, but it wasn't in the reported faults section.

Therefore she said she noted it in that section, and also forwarded it to HTC as an urgent notice.

She then went on to tell me, that when she dug deeper into their system that she found a couple of cases of where this had happened, and they couldn't find a fix for it so a new phone was shipped.

So it ends up, I have a new phone on its way by Fed-Ex overnight shipping, so it should be here within 2 days. I have not had to pay the $35 restocking fee, and hopefully the new phone won't have the same issue.

Ill update as soon as I get the new phone.

Thanks

I would double check the 2 day shipping....I was told that on May 11th, and it turned out to be June 2nd

Upvote 0
Is there an "no thanks" button? ROFL.....ROLL TIDE!

Just teasing you a little....SEC Football is serious business!

Indeed it is. As a Vols fan, though, I do appreciate all of the schools that make the conference such a success. While the Gators and the Tide are a constant thorn in my side, it is nice to see those programs be successful. As I type this, however, I am humming Rocky Top!

Upvote 0
So.... don't use off brand chargers? Probably not the best idea anyway.

i have a power inverter in my work van. hard wired to battery. has 2 outlets and usb out. using htc charger plugged into outlet, screen is nonresponsive. using usb out phone works fine while charging. i dont think it has anything to do with the oem or off brand charger you are using.

Upvote 0
Might work in small town USA (as it was called above), but in big town USA it would have to be the other way. I get better CDMA signal strength from Sprint than Verizon on side-by-side phones. And my 4G connection comes as advertised -- approximately 4x faster than 3G.

Strange. Every thread and review I've read stated it's extremely spotty, drains battery life, and is barely 2x faster - even in the big cities.

Maybe it will be good in a year.

Upvote 0
*update*

So just got off the phone with VZW, I called them to check on my replacement, and Apparently because I asked for a New Retail Box, other then a refurbished, it will take longer then expected.

So now I found out phone will be here sometime around 16-18th June which kinda p*ssed me off, but w/e. I asked about my 30 day worry free guarantee, because when I get my new retail replacement, it will be passed my original 30 days.

My Rep/Tech told me that when I get the new phone I won't have a 30 day worry free guarantee, as they can only honor this 1 time, and after that it will just be manufacturer warranty and if I need another replacement it will be a certified refurbished phone.

I was not happy with this, as I didn't pay $200 for a 2nd hand phone, although I know refurbished phones are actually usually pretty good, I didn't ant one. My current Rep went to find out what he could, and when he got back, he had spoken to a Manager, who wanted to talk to me...

So i spoke with the manager and we spoke about why I need a replacement, what I've been told for different reps, etc...

In the end my new retail replacement will be here around 16-20th, but the manager promised me that he noted on my account, that he will allow me to have a NEW 30 worry free guarantee on the device as soon as I activate it, and I also don't need to send the old device back for 10 days, to make sure the new phone is working as expected.

So although I now have to wait for my replacement, I think I got a good deal, as I got a brand new worry free guarantee for the new device.

Since, that phone call, I had a VZW Rep call me, basically tell me, my new phone will be here when they said it will be, and my New 30 days worry guarantee will start when I activate the phone, And he was just letting me know what was happening with my account.

All in all not a bad phone call in my book. Just thought I'd update my post.

Thanks

Reactions: smalld
Upvote 0
You got your new phone yet?

*update*

So just got off the phone with VZW, I called them to check on my replacement, and Apparently because I asked for a New Retail Box, other then a refurbished, it will take longer then expected.

So now I found out phone will be here sometime around 16-18th June which kinda p*ssed me off, but w/e. I asked about my 30 day worry free guarantee, because when I get my new retail replacement, it will be passed my original 30 days.

My Rep/Tech told me that when I get the new phone I won't have a 30 day worry free guarantee, as they can only honor this 1 time, and after that it will just be manufacturer warranty and if I need another replacement it will be a certified refurbished phone.

I was not happy with this, as I didn't pay $200 for a 2nd hand phone, although I know refurbished phones are actually usually pretty good, I didn't ant one. My current Rep went to find out what he could, and when he got back, he had spoken to a Manager, who wanted to talk to me...

So i spoke with the manager and we spoke about why I need a replacement, what I've been told for different reps, etc...

In the end my new retail replacement will be here around 16-20th, but the manager promised me that he noted on my account, that he will allow me to have a NEW 30 worry free guarantee on the device as soon as I activate it, and I also don't need to send the old device back for 10 days, to make sure the new phone is working as expected.

So although I now have to wait for my replacement, I think I got a good deal, as I got a brand new worry free guarantee for the new device.

Since, that phone call, I had a VZW Rep call me, basically tell me, my new phone will be here when they said it will be, and my New 30 days worry guarantee will start when I activate the phone, And he was just letting me know what was happening with my account.

All in all not a bad phone call in my book. Just thought I'd update my post.

Thanks

Upvote 0
You got your new phone yet?

Nope its due on the 2nd July o.o, Ill post when I get it don't worry :0

*edit*

Just got this in email, not only did they let me know that its been delayed a little bit, they are sending me a 25$ giftcard as well :) good ole Verizon...

vzw.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones