• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Archos 32, is it worth it?

I picked one up for my 9 year old for xmas. Its cute and it works. Screen resolution is not very good compared to my Incredible but is just fine for a kid. I just did the Froyo update and added in the Google Apps including the market that it didnt come with. It is a nice alternative to the ipod touch my son has. He is already jealous of it. Camera is not very good tbh. Angry birds works, thats all thats important.

Upvote 0
I got an Archos 32 for xmas and love it. I refuse to ever sign a mobile contract again and still have my Nokia n95 which is by now obsolete in an ease of use way but still feature packed.

Anyways I have my Archos 32 tethered to the n95 via bluetooth and it fits my needs 100 percent.

The only apps I miss (after installing the google market) are the ones that are provider specific like the NFL's evil Verizon App (seriously they are evil and so is MLB). Anyways besides that rant the archos 32 is pretty amazing.

130 bucks and you get a full on android experience minus the phone aspect. Fine with me like I said my n95 has all the features I need.

As for screen the resolution is good enough. It's not amazing but it doesn't really suck either. White screens are the worst but other then that I'm pretty happy with it. Web browsing is perfectly fine and movies/videos look great.

Lack of multi touch is a downside as well as the resistive screen but for 130 bucks I'm way happy.

I'd be happy to answer any questions just pm me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones