• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Artists and album names.

I feel stupid but, I'm new to Android and I need some help with this. I'm on a mac and Android tablet and I'm wondering how to get artists and albums to show up on the music player. I got the songs on there through drag and drop but, I can't get the artist and album names even though I tried putting the albums into folders. I don't have wifi in my home yet so anything to do with wifi I would have to do elsewhere.

Welcome to AF!

Whilst the tracks might be labelled correctly, MP3's have meta data inside them called ID3 tags, it's this that most music players use to identify what tracks are and what albums they appear on etc.

You can get apps to do the tagging for you, such as DroID3Tagger or ID3Fixer which could do it automatically, but if that fails, you'll need to do it manually with one of these: ID3 Tag Editor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones