• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Artists won't show up correctly in music player

I can't figure this out. I tried searching, but couldn't solve my problem.

I have a couple gig of music on my sD card in .MP3 format arranged into artist folders, then album folders. However no matter where I put them on the sD card they show up incorrectly ordered and jumbled. When I view artists on my Evo, 5-6 of them show up correctly. But the rest are just label as "various artists." If I click on various artists, each of the ALBUMS show up. I can then select on album and see all the songs within. Why are 5-6 artists working correctly, but the rest are not? They are no different format or anything.:thinking:

they are tagged incorrectly. i won't claim to know a whole lot about this but the music has embedded tags with that information...and yours are messed up. I have a program on my desktop at home that corrects them I will try and remember to post it up.

some music players like mix zing claim that if you use the paid version..you can edit the tags. I think you can do it in itunes too but I have no "i" experience at all

this app was pretty cool...it loaded all the songs in...tried to organize and fix tags....allows you to make adjustments ...then saves them to a new location

worked pretty well on about 6gbs of music for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones