• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ATRIX touch screen not working in patches

doublele96

Lurker
Jul 31, 2012
My touch screen is not working in certain places,for example my e,s,w,z and 2nd autocorrect choice don't work when phone is vertical. I dont know if it is software or hardware problem. I am left to rely on autocorrect to type. What can i do to fix it? I thought that doing a factory default reset would help if the problem is from rooting, but don't really want to do that unless I know it will fix the problem. What can i do to fix the screen and what's the problem?

I have the exact same problem. Just a long vertical strip along the screen that doesn't respond. This happened shortly after I installed cyanogen mod for jellybean on my atrix. There's apparently a "PDS partition fix" that might help. Or you have to replace the digitizer but I don't know what our options really are. frustrating!

Upvote 0
Same problem. First off, entire screen hadn't been working. Took it apart, removed the motherboard, blew into each of the ports, removed and reconnected all the cables, and put it back together. Then it started doing this. Repeated the last process, and the entire screen worked. When I took it apart to fix the audio jack, this happened again. I'm fairly certain it's the ribbon cable underneath the motherboard, it tends to come loose easily. Working on it again as I'm typing... Wish me luck, I'll report back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones