• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Awesome Android Update 4 Released

hey shin i appreciate all your hard work i jus installed awesome android and its running great accept for my front facining camera is up side down can you help me fix this problem thanx

I've found a good work around for the upside down camera.

A PlayStore App called Pixler Express, it's got some fine editing of pictures options I wanted, but optionally it "takes possesion" of the camera, and offers you the full use of the camera, as apposed to the camera that comes with Awesome Android.

Upvote 0
Hello! I been running on AA4 since Shin released it on GOO, now for my feedback:
Voicemail: Is not working, the icon won't even pop out or to that point exist.
Tethering/HotSpot: Not working, when I turn on the feature it tells me that I have to contact my provider.
Contacts Interface: Thank you for fixing the appearance conflict :)
Notes App: Why, would the app be taken off if it served the purpose of taking important notes when needed.
Kernel: Please Shin release a Kernel special made for this Rom to enhance performance, and one that works please, not like the boot.zip which did not work.
Overall: Great Work Shin! You are the best, many thank you's and if you need any help feel free to use me as a guinea pig :)

Respectfully,
AA4 User

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-30-12-11-52[1].png
    Screenshot_2013-03-30-12-11-52[1].png
    80 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 0
I think the "unlocking the phone" issue applies to carriers that do contracts like ATT, TMobile, Verizon, because people are getting $500 phones for free or cheap, unlocking the carrier lock, and then going elsewhere for service. Many people do this simply because of international reasons.

Anyway, unlocking to carrier is very different from rooting, I believe, and would be unrelated to rooting, kernels, and roms. Plus, ya know...we own our phones. There's no "contract phones" with Boost.

Upvote 0
you are correct in assuming you cant unlock a boost phone akira, but the reasons are a little off. you cant unlock a boost phone, because its basically a sprint phone, and you cant unlock a sprint contract phone either, or a verizon phone, you can unlock phones that take SIM cards to take cards from other companies, but that is gsm, boost, sprint, virgin, verizon, alot of straight talk phones, and a few other companies use cdma which doesnt use a sim card, they have a serial number built in instead so to change to another company they have to allow use of the other companies number and flash it, or the serial has to be changed which is technically illegal and not to be discussed in places like this. unlocking only works for companies like at&t and t-mobile that use a little card to connect you to the network

Upvote 0
My camera is rightside up. Zte warp sequent. my only issue is the voicemail notification thing with boost mobiles visual voicemail app. besides that small nuisance my phone is running perfectly. no aupdate harrasments from anyone. i did have that problem but if the gapps package is applied right it stops.

I think a third party camera app was added to awesome Android which the camera works properly. You will notice two cameras in you apps list.

Upvote 0
So, development is dead, essentially.

I wouldnt say its dead. He has a lot to work on with quite a few different phones, and he does this for a hobby, he doesnt get paid. Its only been 3 days since he last posted here, and we had to wait longer than that for a response from some developers over on the og warp. Just give him time and be paitent, asking for updates on when stuff will be released is just gonna push him away, and then developement really will be dead. Im not trying to be rude, im just saying, people got impatient and asked over and over again for an update or an OTA, and we basically lost a dev over on the og warp. Im mean sure he was working in the background, but you never saw him on the forum and his account status said guest. So please dont ask for OTA's and updates. He will let us know when he has something for us. Again not trying to be rude, just dont want to see a good dev leave.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones