• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Awesome Android Update 4 Released

Shin,

Good job delivering the last update to Awesome Android.

I've got a working hot-spot, WI-FI tethering my Nexus 7, to the ZTE Sequent, now, thanks to Junkies instructions and settings. Will going "native", and employing your unleashed tethering, interfere with that, prevent that, or otherwise end that ability?

Sort of a dum-ass question!

Sounds like I'm really saying, I'm afraid to break what's working now, or to have to do some work, to set up again, .... You get my point. Need reassuring. I'm sure it's no big deal.

Thanks for continuing your work on this ROM and this phone.

Hey guys! I've been out of the loop for a while. I have been using my sequent as a wifi hotspot using PDANet+ for a while now. With the update 4 can we do it without a third party app now?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Security reasons, can't be discussed. The update works fine just have a prior commitment with the mods and, will release later. Can someone confirm if Voicemail is working without vvm?

I downloaded update 4 around noon today (EST) So i did a factory reset, wiped davlik and cache and reinstalled the rc then updates 1-4 rebooted and im having some minor issues.I open "accounts and sync" hit "add account" and nothing happens the home button doesn't work either but the back button does. im going to wipe and update to "3" again and check for updates again. I'll let you know if the new update 4 works better. Only question i have is when i do a factory reset do i have to reinstall the rc and the updates? or just update 4? Thanks

EDIT: I also tried just opening gmail and adding my account from there, didn't work either. could just be i downloaded the update before you pulled it to fix it.

Im an idiot, just realized i didn't install the gapps after the updates . starting over lol

Upvote 0
Update 4 was pulled if you already have it that's fine i guess. It works fringe nothing wrong with it. just released way to early. Will post it at the end of the week.

I installed update 4 with no noticeable problems yet. Did factory reset, wipe cache & davlik. I get error when try to do wifi hotspot but I use a third party app for that so it's no biggie. Also with none of the updates I have never had a problem checking my voicemail. Guess I'm just lucky...which makes me happy happy happy. :)

Upvote 0
Do you get voicemail notifications?

Well maybe I don't know what I'm looking for. I get the little white phone with checkmark above our and the light blinks to notify me of a message...but now that you mention it I don't get an audible notification. But hey, I can check my vm. I saw Dim's CNN link on unlocking phones and I am still a lil discombobulated about the whole security problem with update 4 since there are other roms to unlock you phone. Either way their opinions on what I do wit me phone isn't worth two nobs of goat paddies. The cell provider gets their monthly dues from unlocked phones just like they do from locked ones.

Upvote 0
hey shin i appreciate all your hard work i jus installed awesome android and its running great accept for my front facining camera is up side down can you help me fix this problem thanx

It is a known issue. Something to do with the kernel. Mine is upside down too but when you take pics it's right side up. My main issue is GPS takes forever to lock on or it times out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones