• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back and Home Button Wont Work Anymore S3

N

N1nj4Styl3

Hello there,
My name is Daniel and I am from Greece. Recently, I bought an Samsung Galaxy S3(Genuine). I bought like 4 days ago?

A/w, let's get into the main problem, I did set an alarm clock and then went to sleep, when I woke up I pressed on the home button and it did not work, tried the back button, same.

I can tell you that the phone is fully functional, in these 4 days phone did not get in touch with water. It was never dropped off my hands, etc.

I can say that theres a software bug, problem. I don't know if it was me the one who made the button break down, but 2 days ago I was "playing" with the application manager. Forced stopped Samsung keyboard, etc. (Sorry, new to android, I was an iPhone fan back then so I know nothing about android phones)

Is there any way to fix it? I don't want to go straight to the store where I bought it and ask them to send it to Samsung.. It's christmas, you know.

Also, I don't want to reset my phone(factory reset) but if its necessary I'll do it for sure. But, if you could tell me ways to fix it w/o ressetting the phone I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks for reading my problem,
Your sincerely,
Daniel R.

Hi

The only thing I can think of, other than a factory reset, is to do:

menu button
manage applications
go to the "all" tab at the top
scroll right to the bottom and enable anything that you have disabled
then reboot

If that does not work either it needs a factory reset (which I would try before you take it back as this is the first thing Samsung will do) or it is a hardware issue.

Roger

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones