• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Random wifi on when at home.
GPS on all the time.
Pandora for about 2 hours.
GPS nav for about 5 mins to test.
About 20 minutes for phone calls.
Brightness on AUTO.
Playing on the phone and downloading apps.

Made it through one day all from 7:00am to 11:00pm with over 60% battery left.
I might try to push it for two days just to see if I can do it without sacrificing use.

Upvote 0
Just curious for the people who are getting excellent battery life...

1) Did you root?
2) Are you using TW or another launcher?

My battery life sucks so I'm thinking of going to back to VZW store and asking for a battery exchange.
I'm not sure Im getting excellent battery life like some guys trying to pull 2 days. But generally I can pull 16-18hours with moderate use.
1) I am rooted though rooting nothing to change battery life IMO. [Although rooting allows you to use programs like setcpu or a few others where you can throttle down your cpu speed, especially when the screen is off prolonging battery life]
2) I have TW but also LP and the HomeSwitcher to go back and forth. Im one of the few its seems who doesnt mind TW.

Live wallpaper is a key to longer battery life it seems or more precisely not using live wallpaper

Upvote 0
I am not rooted running the phone with touchwiz, live wallpaper, auto brightness. Gtalk runs nonstop and i send back and forth about 50 messages a day to my wife. I wake the phone constantly to check the time (hate watches) I would say my average day is moderate to low use and i end a day at work 9am-5-6pmish with 60% of the battery. My second day i browsed the internet on it for 2 hours, 50-60 gtalk messages, downloaded 60mb in apps off of 3g and still had 46% of the battery at the end of the day at 5pm.

I have noticed that 100-90 seems to run fast and 15-0 runs very slow in degradation. I take it off the charger and I am down to 97% in a few minutes and it took me almost an hour to kill the last 5% of the battery the first time.

For those getting very poor battery i recommend running power tutor or another battery tracking app to see if you can locate the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones