• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

substring

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Samsung's spec claims the battery can last for 10 hours. But I cannot get my tab to last that long and I end up to have to charge it during the day. Now, I don't stream video or music. All I use the tab is checking email, get on Google+ and Twitter, and visit web sites. I cannot imagine how in the world my battery gets drained that quickly.

Also, last night before I went to bed, I knew my tab had at least 80% of battery, and then I switched it to Airplane mode. But this morning, my tab prompted me that the battery is critically low and I have to charge it. How that happened?!?!

I look into the Settings-->Application to look for clue on what's using up my battery, but I could not find anything suspicious.

Does anyone has issue with the battery life? Can anyone please shed some light on this?

Thanks!

I talked to Samsung Tech Support but she has no idea what's causing this problem. She went through the standard list like GPS, bluetooth, screen brightness and live wallpaper. But I told her that I put it in airplane mode and went to sleep. So screen brightness and live wallpaper are irrelevant. And I double-checked and confirmed that both GPS and bluetooth are off.

I will test it again at night and see if I have the same result.

Upvote 0
Just want to let everyone knows that my battery is working fine for the last few days. I went to Setting --> Manage Application to look for clues, and I had found that the CNN for Android Tablet app was running, even though I was not using it. I closed it manually, and I have not been using it since then for testing purpose. I have switched to using FoxNews and AP News instead. And sure thing, I no longer have any unusual battery drain. So the problem is on the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones