• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Beats Audio No LongerLimited to HTC Devices, NowFlashable to Any Gingerbread ROM

Upvote 0
hahaha yu guys are crazy!!! i just skimmed through these comments and there is no happy medium at all lol, one guy says his phone sound is wayyyy better, then another guy says this dont even work the way it supposed to, another guys says it sucks in general lol o mann... looks like the link is down anyway... someone probly got in troooouuuuuble :D

Upvote 0
Imho it does sound better unless I just never notice how good the audio on the phone was before lol.:p Guess I just never paid attention to it. Also I installed this app at the same time https://market.android.com/details?...sImNvbS5zbWFydGFuZHJvaWRhcHBzLmVxdWFsaXplciJd So that maybe the sound difference I hear too. :p

I had that EQ for awhile..had some buds try it on other phones too..started to notice it actually makes the sound quieter than when not running the app:thinking:

Upvote 0
The stock volume is too loud for me (even on minimal volume). I can only listen to music with the equalizer running and setup to suppress the sound.

Gotcha..just like many other things with our phones..based on personel preference..mine sits up on a raymond..with lots of background noise all around..so the louder the better for me.
Flashed to stock yesterday and notice this when flashed over does boost volume somewhat..+1 :D

Upvote 0
Imho it does sound better unless I just never notice how good the audio on the phone was before lol.

It's in your head. Beats Audio requires their headphones to work. All it does is automatically set the EQ to pump out a ton of bass. And their headphones treble quality is horrible (there is a reason they do not list their headphone frequency response range).

Upvote 0
It's in your head. Beats Audio requires their headphones to work. All it does is automatically set the EQ to pump out a ton of bass. And their headphones treble quality is horrible (there is a reason they do not list their headphone frequency response range).

Meh, sounds good either or beats or no beats audio. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones