• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Beats Audio No LongerLimited to HTC Devices, NowFlashable to Any Gingerbread ROM

i just love my phone even more........i can really hear the music being more balance n more bass n great meds n clear highs my head phones are the solo HD n i all so using a......headphone amp from fiio model E11........it made a big change i dont need to use the bass boost on amp no more everthing just false in to place. i get goose bumps when i play my music.......thank you

Upvote 0
Alright so I did a little research on Beats Audio. This DOES NOT give you Beats audio quality. Heres why.

The reason why is we are missing some key components (not the head phones) One being the HtcBeatsNotify.apk and HtcMusic.apk. (Ive tracked down and installed both. No difference) Also its incorporated into the kernel, framework.jar and the services.jar. If you pull apart the zip file it is missing all of those important components. Therefore BeatsAudio for all GB phones is a crock of shizz.

Upvote 0
Alright so I did a little research on Beats Audio. This DOES NOT give you Beats audio quality. Heres why.

The reason why is we are missing some key components (not the head phones) One being the HtcBeatsNotify.apk and HtcMusic.apk. (Ive tracked down and installed both. No difference) Also its incorporated into the kernel, framework.jar and the services.jar. If you pull apart the zip file it is missing all of those important components. Therefore BeatsAudio for all GB phones is a crock of shizz.

Ahh..maybe it just sounded diff cause I popped my ears..lol:D:D

Upvote 0
With that being said Shiny, how do I remove this .zip I installed?

Just restore a back up if you got one.

Let me try something. Give me a few.

edit- just restore a back up. Some how put myself in Fastboot mode Ahaha

Ahh..maybe it just sounded diff cause I popped my ears..lol:D:D

Oh it sounds different. But its just tweaks. Not Beats Audio. Most likely why it was pulled from the original link.

Upvote 0

Lol I love reading all these responses saying that it sounds much better and it turning out that its just some tweaks, gotta love placebos :D

Reactions: Memo35
Upvote 0
Tell us how you really feel, lol.

Well considering that Beats Audio headphones are made by the same company that makes Monster Cable... Yeah, overpriced junk. You can get better headphones for the same price or less, i.e. Sennheiser headphones.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/13/htc-sensation-xe-with-beats-audio-review/

The Beats Audio software isn't complete marketing vapor, but it's still inherently gimmicky and adds nothing in the XE's favor: you could achieve a better result on the original Sensation simply by downloading a third-party music player that lets you play with the EQ settings yourself.

Reactions: jvillejoe
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones