• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best free WiFi app?

I am looking for a good wifi app also. I have the bionic and I want to connect to the wifi at my work but I have had to install the Equifax Secure Certificate and I still cannot get it to connect. entered the user name and pw correct but still nothing.

So if anyone knows of a good app that can configure the wifi settings please let me know.

Upvote 0
Android Wifi Tether. It's free and it works great. It's not on the market so you'll have to Side-Load it. Yes, it works on Gingerbread too.

Normally on the Droid Charge the app won't work in Wifi Infrastructure Mode and only in AdHoc Mode but if you go into the app's settings and change the Device Profile to Samsung Fascinate you can then run it in Wifi Infrastructure Mode so you can connect multiple devices to it with a common SSID.

Reactions: el-dee
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones