• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Music/Media Player App

I recently gave up on Google Play Music because I live in the middle of nowhere and reception is very spotty out here. Now I'm in need of a new music player. Play Music's shuffle setting always drove me nuts because it would often repeat songs right after they were done playing. Not to mention it just isn't a very nifty music player if your music isn't in the cloud.

So what music player would you recommend?

One feature I would love to see is pause upon headphone removal then resume when headphones are replugged.

Upvote 0
:eek::eek:
Hi there one and all. I am trying to use my Galaxy GT-P1000R Tablet to play Guitar Backing Tracks which are MP3 format. Here is my delima. I have tried different players and haven't decided yet which I will use but I cannot get any of the players to stop after playing one track. I have tried Winamp, Meridian, MixZing and a few others but I cannot get any of them to stop playing after one number. They all carry on into the next number in my playlist.

Can anyone tell me how to just play one song at a time only without a second later another song starts playing. How do I stop after one song. Keep in mind I have a guitar in my hand and not able to lean over and stop the play back of the next number without hearing a few seconds of the next number.

Thanks,
Tommy :eek::eek:

Make a playlist of just that one song in any music player. Most players can do this by long clicking on the song. Then create playlist or add to playlist. Select new playlist. Then make sure that repeat is off. Then voila, Bob's you uncle and your one song will play without repeat and only that song will play.

Upvote 0
I am baffled by this thread, is it the case that most people download media files then use a convertor and also a separate app just to get album artwork ?

as far as i can see my missus (iphone user) rips cd's into itunes they have album art from the database and then when she syncs the phone its all there art work too.

I downloaded Kies for my S2 expecting to do the same. oh my. I cant believe that the stock programme does not even do this. how can you compete with apple when you have to use all kinds of other software just to build up a half decent media library ?

I moved some tracks from windows media player and Kies messed up the trakclist order ? plus it didnt bring the art work across ?

Help. i just want one programme (pc software) so i can build a library with art work that i can send to my phone. I have thoushands of cd;s to rip

I've always used Nero myself.

Upvote 0
I am baffled by this thread, is it the case that most people download media files then use a convertor and also a separate app just to get album artwork ?

as far as i can see my missus (iphone user) rips cd's into itunes they have album art from the database and then when she syncs the phone its all there art work too.

I downloaded Kies for my S2 expecting to do the same. oh my. I cant believe that the stock programme does not even do this. how can you compete with apple when you have to use all kinds of other software just to build up a half decent media library ?

I moved some tracks from windows media player and Kies messed up the trakclist order ? plus it didnt bring the art work across ?

Help. i just want one programme (pc software) so i can build a library with art work that i can send to my phone. I have thoushands of cd;s to rip

Since your wife has an iPhone, I assume you have iTunes. iTunes is actually a good cd ripper. Just make sure to rip them in mp3 format. You seem quite concerned about album art, and iTunes will go online and get it for you. You can always add ablum art to existing mp3s with TagScanner or I think iTunes might do it too.

Upvote 0
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]asing:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Plastic[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Color:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Black / Red / Blue / White[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]CPU:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]2 x CPU 1GHz each[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Memory:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]DDR3 1GB RAM [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Hard Disk[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]1TB HDD internal (OS & apps)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]OS System:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Android [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]External Storage:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Supports SD card up to 32GB[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Supports SATA HDD up to 2TB, [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Supports max 16GB USB flash disk[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Supports USB external HDD[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Video coding:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]HD MPEG1 / 2 / 4.H.264.HD AVC / VC-1,RM/RMVB, Xvid/ DviX4 / 5 / 6, RealVideo8 / 9/10, VP6[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Video Format:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]ts / m2ts / tp / trp / mkv / mp4 / mov /avi /rm / rmvb / wmv / vob / asf / flv / da / mpf / mpeg[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Audio Format:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]MP3/WMA/WMV/OGG/FLAC /MKV[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Subtitle Format:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]SRT/SMI/SSA/ASS[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Network interface:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]RJ45(10/100Mbps)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]WiFi:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]802.11b/g/n (client. Internal antenna build)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]802.11b/g/n (host. External detachable antenna)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Interfaces:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]SD/SDHC [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]4 x USB HOST [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]LAN [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]HDMI [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]A/V (Audio Left, Right. Video)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]VGA[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Features:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]HDMI 1.4 and support for 3D playback.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Internet TV box[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Small portable size[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Software application supported[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]1080P media player[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]QQ/MSN/Skype, Youtube, Netflix, etc.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]AC 100~240V power adapter inside case[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Language:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]English[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]Accessories:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]1 x Power cable (130cm)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]1 x AV cable (130cm)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]1 x Remote controller (2 x AAA batteries not included)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]1 x English Manual (Fisrt Steps, Troubleshooting, Reset System)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,sans-serif]1 x WiFi detachable external antenna[/FONT]

Upvote 0
I bought Jet Audio Pro 1.7.0, but looking around the net I found version 1.5.0 that has BBE and BBE VIVA working. Love this player! It makes the music on my phone seem as good as my Cowon MP3 player.

* 20-bands graphic equalizer
* Display lyrics in tag (Unsynchronized lyrics)
* 2 New lock screens
* 6 New app widgets : 4x1 (#2), 4x2 (#1), 4x2 (#2), 3x3, 2x2, 2x3
* Wide, Reverb, X-Bass sound effects
* AGC (automatic gain control) to avoid volume fluctuations between tracks
* Speed control from 0.5x to 2.0x (pitch adjusted)
* Crossfading, Gap-less playback
* Fade-in/Fade-out
* Browser and play music by artits, albums, songs, playlists, genres and folders
* Balance/Volume control
* Sleep timer up to 24 hours
* Flick up to post what you're listening to on Facebook/Twitter
* Flick down to show Now Playing
* Flick left/right to play next/previous
* Lock screens
* Repeat A<->B
* Headset button control
- press to pause/resume
- double/triple press to play next/prev
- long press to mute or TTS (time, title)
* Multi-select function (Delete/Add to playlist) for folder mode
* Keep screen on, Lock orientation options
* Supporting formats:
MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, M4A, MPC, TTA, WV, APE, MOD (module formats S3M, IT), SPX, AIFF

Upvote 0
A question for those who've been around and tried a bunch: I'm looking for a simple music player app (or widget) that does NOT require internet permissions. Are there any? Free is good, but I don't mind paying if it's a decent app. I just want to play files from my phone, I don't want an app that's calling out to the internet for any reason.

Upvote 0
A question for those who've been around and tried a bunch: I'm looking for a simple music player app (or widget) that does NOT require internet permissions. Are there any? Free is good, but I don't mind paying if it's a decent app. I just want to play files from my phone, I don't want an app that's calling out to the internet for any reason.

If that bothers you could always block it thru a firewall like that found in avast or droidwall.
Or use an app like lbe privacy guard.

Try out noozy and ttpod.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone

Can anyone recommend a video player that has these features (if exist)

1. Able to Share - send video to TV (wifi, wifi-direct etc.) or send video to friends email etc..

2. Support Left / Right audio channels, NOT multi-track audio, they are different.

3. MOST IMPORTANT - Able to turn off 1 of the channel left or right, AND still have remaining sound come out of BOTH SPEAKERS.

I have tried these apps.

Moboplayer - support left/right - no sharing, sound out only 1 speaker
BSplayer - support Sharing - no left/right channel support
built-in vplayer - support sharing - no left/right support
Vplayer - support left/right but No Sharing
Dice Player doesn't look like it has channel or sharing either
Buzz Player - don't have free version to try
Dice Player - No left/right channel and sharing support
MxPlayer - No left/right channel support or sharing
and a couple other I've tried too that totally cut off 1 side of speaker.

what I'm trying to do is play youtube (asian karaoke files) and want to be able to turn off vocal on one of the channels and have the music come out of both speakers instead of totally cut off 1 side of the speaker.
there is an app on IOS that does it but ONLY avail on IOS. (already ask for Adroid version but they have no plan)

thanks
p.s - my last phone was apple, now using GS3

Upvote 0
Quick thoughts:

Playerpro: powerful, great dsp manager, and it supports native HTC sound effects! DSP is great for equalizing music, but for actual sound clarity, SRS and Dolby are the best (same goes for beats, but playerpro doesn't support it)

HTC Sense stock music: awesome with it's equalizer. People say Beats and SRS is over rated, and a dsp manager can make up for it, but in my opinion a DSP by itself is best if you have great headphones and you play high quality music or something. But if you don't (like me), the equalizer options do magic.

MIUI music: best stock sound I've heard, and the equalizer is a nice touch (only 6 bands though, enough for me though)

Noozy: great sound effects, and if you're on CM or if you have a universal DSP manager, then it'll be great. free too.
Zplayer: Pretty much the same as noozy, but apparently noozy was a rip off of it. This one is payed though, but if it's anything like noozy, then it's probably worth it (thanks elpresidente)

Neutron music player: crazy options and effects. It's a little heavier on the battery usage in my opinion, and I'm not pick enough with my music to really need so powerful an app, but if you're an audiophile then you might want to look into this.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones