• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BEWARE: CraigsPhone/Craigslist Apps

DCBlueStar

Mar 6, 2011
www.dcbluestar.com
Finally... now that I'm on my LG Optimus V PHONE #3 I figured it out.

Here's the story...

Got Phone #1 on March 5th and started experiencing issues with the screen freezing up and needing to pull the battery to reboot.

Took it back on the 7th for a swap since it was BRAND NEW and I didn't do anything to it (not to mention on top of that the wiring was messed up and the back and volume buttons were reversed)

Got Phone #2 on the 7th. Same story (except for the wiring). Freezing screen. Constantly having to pull the battery to get the phone to work.

Took it back a week and a half ago because they didn't have any Optimus V's in stock.

Last night, went to install CraigsList and the CraigsPhone app, because it's part of my job every day to post ads. What was the common apps on all three phones? CraigsList and CraigsPhone!

Immediately after installing these apps, my phone started up with those horrible familiar signs.

I immediately had to pull the battery and go remove them from my applications. My phone works again...

Downloader, beware.

Reactions: CriticalCritic
Ease of access. I missed the CraigsPro app from my iPod... I will never find an app with that ease of use and accessibility for an Android, I suspect.

Ability to manage numerous accounts from one app without constantly logging in and out.

If there's a need someone will build it....

I'm curious as to why those apps caused such problems though.

This jumps out at me as a big nono:

Services that cost you money

directly call phone numbers

Upvote 0
Check out the ratings!

snap20110331_011450.png

snap20110331_011458.png

snap20110331_011446.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones