• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bionic (Awakening the Ally)

Well folks, after several rebuild of the build. Prop i keep gtn the same reboots when the phone tries to activate 3g however i was able to get it to activate on my ally. This weeks build will contain a few fixes and hopefully a few of u can get 3g access this time around.
On a side note, i will be cooking something up for my bionic community. What is it u ask? Lets just say, something that works.

Upvote 0
Ha ^^o i respect trident for his work but to over dev him aint gna happen lol
However bring an idea to life is one thing and having an idea is another. I have an idea how to fix bionic but making thee idea take form is another.

While working on bionic, i had a side project forming, taking notes, throwen spare tires to the side, ideas from bionic... I knew it might come down to the point where i had an unstable project with an unkown release date. This folder is starting to turn into a froyo firmware... ~... something that works... ~
Everything has a beginning, so should this firmware

*Bionic zer0*

Upvote 0
Ha ^^o i respect trident for his work but to over dev him aint gna happen lol
However bring an idea to life is one thing and having an idea is another. I have an idea how to fix bionic but making thee idea take form is another.

While working on bionic, i had a side project forming, taking notes, throwen spare tires to the side, ideas from bionic... I knew it might come down to the point where i had an unstable project with an unkown release date. This folder is starting to turn into a froyo firmware... ~... something that works... ~
Everything has a beginning, so should this firmware

*Bionic zer0*

Well I know no one will over Dev him. He started this whole thing.. Trident is our god of ally..

Upvote 0
Well folks, i did not get anytime this week to look at bionic or fix anything. Busy week with the release of ics, anounced zer0, heavy work schedule and other projects. Again, if anyone thinks they made a difference with bionic, lemme know and il use it as the weekly. Right now, my main focus is bionic zer0 because of the fact it works. Right now, my main concern is to roll out zer0 so that it keeps you guys ocupied and happy with something new to play with. My main goal with zer0 was a different feeling than velocity and storm and frunisher. To build a firmware were the phone acts on its own and to have new scripts to play with from cyanogen. Im aiming for whats called a smart firmware. According to the people who have seen it on my phone, they wanted it on their android lol but explaining that to a rookie android user is difficult.
I do have a few issues with it at the moment but hopefully a quick fix once i figure whats wrong.
Yes, i did attempt a port of ics... Nothing yet...
Keep yall posted on whats going on.
Il be posting zeros boot image for opinion survey so keep an eye out. ^0^

Upvote 0
Yeah yeah, I havnt touched bionic in a month... but that doesn't mean I havnt been doen my homework. According to severl sources and I, we've come down to the conclusion that a modified radio img is in need for the gingerbread upgrade to be successful. When lg was prepearing the froyo release, they released the froyo radio update. Well without the gingerbread radio, no build will work unless we can find a way to trick the radio thinking its still froyo or port a gingerbread radio image to the ally. My thoughts were to get ahold of a full system dump of the lg enlighten and try to get theradio image from that device and see if we can port it to the ally. Maybe than we will have success but finding someone to help us with that port will be a chore.
As for bionic zer0, I have been working dilengintly to get the firmware running and stable. I don't have a release date yet because I'm working to have it perfect. I'm trying for an htc feeling, droid bionic look, velocity speed, power and reliability. I might even oxedyze it...

Upvote 0
No hurry on it man. Perfection takes time. I know I don't mind waiting on perfection. This one is your baby and I'm sure it's going to be amazing when you do release it. As for the system dump, my buddy works at Verizon and gets to take phones home to play with. Maybe he'll just so happen to want to play with the Enlighten ;) I'll see what I can do on getting you at least the radio image from it.

Upvote 0
I remember posting a while back about using some radio files from Enlighten. Hope you guys can get it going! Enlighten is either not very popular or there is just nobody that wants to dev on it yet... hope you can find one somewhere and hope the radio hardware is similar enough that it will work.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately most of the problems we have with compiling GB on the Ally is due to the crippled sources that LG gave us... And since I'm pretty sure NONE of the CM team have an Ally I don't see us getting any direct support anytime soon.

HOWEVER: In light of the fact that with some of these ROMs for the Ally we have gone as far as we can in terms of modification I may take a bold step and donate my Ally to a VERY talented dev (no I will not name him/her) in hopes of getting a working RIL for GB on this phone. Still undecided and unsure if the dev can even accomplish this, so no promises.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones