• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Issues

I just got a replacement triumph since my original stopped charging. I can't get my Sony BT earbuds to pair with the new phone. As for my original triumph, the BT worked awesome, I once dropped my phone off an atv at work and didn't realize it till my music cut out. I drove back down the trail pressing the "pair" button until my music restarted... It was well over 1/4 mile from where it cut out, no joke.

Any suggestions on the new one not pairing?

Upvote 0
So what's the story with device reviews on this forum. If you read the reviews it looks like the Triumph is great but if you read the user comments regarding bluetooth issues its obviously a piece of shit.

I have a Triumph, I bought it because I had a Motorola Droid with Verizon which worked fine until the touchscreen went crazy. So I decided to dump Verizon and their indentured servitude and pay for my phone cash instead of with a 2 year contract. And I chose another Motorola phone thinking that the last two (The other was a Razor) were fine. WRONG! The Triumph is obviously the Edsel of smart phones, good looking on the outside but a total piece of crap in the implementation. It drops bluetooth all the time, it even drops its network connection if you look at it crosseyed and it won't hold a charge for 24 hours.

Upvote 0
So what's the story with device reviews on this forum. If you read the reviews it looks like the Triumph is great but if you read the user comments regarding bluetooth issues its obviously a piece of shit.

I have a Triumph, I bought it because I had a Motorola Droid with Verizon which worked fine until the touchscreen went crazy. So I decided to dump Verizon and their indentured servitude and pay for my phone cash instead of with a 2 year contract. And I chose another Motorola phone thinking that the last two (The other was a Razor) were fine. WRONG! The Triumph is obviously the Edsel of smart phones, good looking on the outside but a total piece of crap in the implementation. It drops bluetooth all the time, it even drops its network connection if you look at it crosseyed and it won't hold a charge for 24 hours.
I am a current Verizon customer using the HTC Rezound and love it,i was a VM user for almost 2 years before making the switch,i had a V and the truimph which i quickly got my money back for,and went back to my V,why would you downgrade this far,the Truimph is a re-branded phone that Motorola does not even care about anymore,you should have done some more research before going this route.

Upvote 0
OIt's not that Motorola doesn't care about the phone anymore, they never cared about this phone, Virgin approached them about a phone, they contracted with Huawei for a generic phone being sold under a dozen different brand names and that was the end of it. I went through 6 class A replacement Triumphs in about 4 months before being told by senior tech support that the camera defect was unfixable. I filed a complaint with the BBB and Virgin agreed to compensate me for the $ 75 loss I took selling the phone. Great for the buyer in that the final replacement was brand new in the box that I received just that week. If not for Virgin's easy and generous replacement policy the phone would be an even bigger pos than it actually is. From day one the only thing that Motorola did was slap their name on it and never looked back. Prior to this fiasco I had owned at least a dozen motos , never again. Even the damned Intercept got an OS update. Another proof that this isn't really a Motorola, they are notorious for locking their bootloader but here's a phone that's factory rooted only requiring you to install the superuser binary, doesn't get any easier than that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones