• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bluetooth keeps turning on and off

Hello,
I have a rooted Droid 3 running 2.3.4, system version 5.7.906.XT862 that I haed to re-root after the latest upgrade. Things were fine, then suddenly my bluetooth had trouble connecting to MY JVC car stereo. Now, every time I try to access bluetooth settings, it crashes. When I go into settings and try to turn on Bluetooth, it starts to go on and immediately shuts itself off, then turn on again. Any ideas? Should I try a factory reset, or is there a less severe step I should take first. Also, are there any backup or restore measure I should take when doing this (I am also running Titanium Backup Pro.) Thanks for any assistance.

Should I try to "unfreeze" all the apps that I "Froze" (I did not remove any bloatware, just froze them in Titanium Backup Pro) as a first step? Perhaps something happened when I re-rooted my phone after the update, but it was a couple of days later, so I don't see how that was the cause.

That is probably a good idea. If you can give a list of what you froze, though, perhaps that's a good start? Somebody may recognize the culprit.

Upvote 0
I'm having issues with my bluetooth as well connecting to my BMW 3 series. It seems to connect every time I get into the car just fine and I can make and receive calls, but if I'm on a "long" call (5+ minutes) the bluetooth eventually fails. I can pick up my phone, click on the bluetooth button to turn it off and continue the phone call, but I haven't found a way to make it reconnect with the car. I was going to place blame on the car since I never had issues with my headset before, but looking into the BMW forums nobody else seems to have a similar problem. It's also kind of hard to reproduce the issue since it takes time, but its happened more than a couple of times now. Anyone seen behavior like this with a car or a headset?

I'm running Liberty ROM 2.0.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones