1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Bluetooth keeps turning on and off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lvanarsdall, Aug 13, 2012.

1. lvanarsdall

lvanarsdall Newbie

Hello,
    I have a rooted Droid 3 running 2.3.4, system version 5.7.906.XT862 that I haed to re-root after the latest upgrade. Things were fine, then suddenly my bluetooth had trouble connecting to MY JVC car stereo. Now, every time I try to access bluetooth settings, it crashes. When I go into settings and try to turn on Bluetooth, it starts to go on and immediately shuts itself off, then turn on again. Any ideas? Should I try a factory reset, or is there a less severe step I should take first. Also, are there any backup or restore measure I should take when doing this (I am also running Titanium Backup Pro.) Thanks for any assistance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lvanarsdall

lvanarsdall Newbie

Should I try to "unfreeze" all the apps that I "Froze" (I did not remove any bloatware, just froze them in Titanium Backup Pro) as a first step? Perhaps something happened when I re-rooted my phone after the update, but it was a couple of days later, so I don't see how that was the cause.

3. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

That is probably a good idea. If you can give a list of what you froze, though, perhaps that's a good start? Somebody may recognize the culprit.

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

Moved to All Things Root since this is a root question

5. lvanarsdall

lvanarsdall Newbie

I thought that I had only "frozen" bloatware. Also, I had run a rooted phone for weeks without any problem for weeks without any problems. I will try "defrosting" my phone now" and will report the results...

6. lvanarsdall

lvanarsdall Newbie

OK. I defrosted everything, and the same thing happens; if I turn on Bluetooth, it turns on, then immediately turns off, then immediately turns on again. Eventually the phone crashes. I assume a system reset?

7. Luzce

Luzce Newbie

I'm having issues with my bluetooth as well connecting to my BMW 3 series. It seems to connect every time I get into the car just fine and I can make and receive calls, but if I'm on a "long" call (5+ minutes) the bluetooth eventually fails. I can pick up my phone, click on the bluetooth button to turn it off and continue the phone call, but I haven't found a way to make it reconnect with the car. I was going to place blame on the car since I never had issues with my headset before, but looking into the BMW forums nobody else seems to have a similar problem. It's also kind of hard to reproduce the issue since it takes time, but its happened more than a couple of times now. Anyone seen behavior like this with a car or a headset?

I'm running Liberty ROM 2.0.

8. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Perhaps it's a issue with Liberty? Does the same thing happen with a different custom ROM (eclipse, maverick, steel droid)? Or with rooted stock?

9. Luzce

Luzce Newbie

I switched to Maverick 4.5 and as far as I can tell (<10 phone calls) the issue has disappeared.

Motorola Droid 3 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews