• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Pairing Issue fix?

AttorneyIncredible

Android Enthusiast
Jul 7, 2010
So I am having issues pairing my Inc with my Audi. Seems a common issue with several of the german cars and my research indicates it is because HTC loaded a crappy version of bluetooth with the phone, not the true 2.1 version that is in other phones.

Has anyone found a workaround/fix for this? is it scheduled to be fixed in Froyo?

thanks for the help in advance.

Been following this blutooth issue. It appears that 2.2 will take care of any handsfree voice dialing which I am most concerned about. I installed a parrot blutooth kit in my VW. It does pair currently with the 2.1 but I can't voice dial like I use to be able to do. If anyone can confirm this with a leaked 2.2 it would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0
This topic interests me as well.

I can pair my phone perfectly as a bluetooth headset making receiving calls through the vehicle stereo. But for some reason it will not let me pair it as a bluetooth audio device to listen to music on the stereo.

Not sure if this could be related to the bluetooth stack on the phone or what...

Upvote 0
are you rooted? did you have to root to install the leak?

Sorry, I didn't see your reply, No you don't have to be rooted to load the Leaked OTA, and no my phone is not Rooted. It adds a mobile hotspot and a cool Splash screen like the commercials that VZW aired with the specs swirling around and the sound of "DROID" as the letters appear. A really cool update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones