• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Official CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies!

Just rooted my sprint s4 720t tonight.
Got rooted OK and got cm11 on. Everything I've tested so far works except for WiFi. It tells me I'm connected yet when I go to browse the net via stock cm browser, it won't connect to anything. The news and weather app also didn't connect.

Is this a known issue with cm11?

Also forgot to add I can't get GPS to locate me at all after like 10 mins. I finally have up and closed it.

I'm on the jflte 9-16-2014 snapshot version.

Phone is s4 sph-l720t model.

Perhaps I could have gotten the wrong version?

Well I tried carbon ROM and it to GPS doesn't work on. Beginning to think I rooted for nothing :(

Upvote 0
Just rooted my sprint s4 720t tonight.
Got rooted OK and got cm11 on. Everything I've tested so far works except for WiFi. It tells me I'm connected yet when I go to browse the net via stock cm browser, it won't connect to anything. The news and weather app also didn't connect.

Is this a known issue with cm11?

Also forgot to add I can't get GPS to locate me at all after like 10 mins. I finally have up and closed it.

I'm on the jflte 9-16-2014 snapshot version.

Phone is s4 sph-l720t model.

Perhaps I could have gotten the wrong version?

Well I tried carbon ROM and it to GPS doesn't work on. Beginning to think I rooted for nothing :(

What's up Alpha? Honestly bro, I would ask this question in the S4 section. The CM11 build for the S3 is different from the S4. There are a good many difference between the 2 phones.

Hope you get it figured out bro. :)

If the S4 has the AICP ROM available for it, I'd give it a try.

Upvote 0
What's up Alpha? Honestly bro, I would ask this question in the S4 section. The CM11 build for the S3 is different from the S4. There are a good many difference between the 2 phones.

Hope you get it figured out bro. :)

If the S4 has the AICP ROM available for it, I'd give it a try.

Thanks for the aicp idea but I guess there are none.

I kinda regret upgrading to the s4 now. Doesn't seem to be many rooms at all for the sprint variant phones :(.
Had WAAAAAY more choices with the s3. Hind sight is 20-20 I guess sigh.

Cm11 wifi seems to be broken, and can't find a carbon ROM for this model phone. Doesn't seem to be much else out there for this phone jfltespr. I tried two jflte (not spr which is still s4) ROMs both carbon and cm11, but GPS and WiFi are broke when I use the jflte ones. If I use the jfltespr versions GPS works fine.
I don't get why the jdlte versions the gps didn't work though.

Guess I'll go back to ugly tw and use wanam.

Just FYI.........I MISS MY S3!!!!!!!!!

Update:
Finally found a working ROM called candy ROM. WiFi works, GPS works. Haven't had time to test BT but so far it's been good. Only thing I don't like is the recent list doesn't have a clear all. I think there is a mod that you can adjust that though.

I really like carbon ROM though, so hope I can find one the works on this phone.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the aicp idea but I guess there are none.

I kinda regret upgrading to the s4 now. Doesn't seem to be many rooms at all for the sprint variant phones :(.
Had WAAAAAY more choices with the s3. Hind sight is 20-20 I guess sigh.

Cm11 wifi seems to be broken, and can't find a carbon ROM for this model phone. Doesn't seem to be much else out there for this phone jfltespr. I tried two jflte (not spr which is still s4) ROMs both carbon and cm11, but GPS and WiFi are broke when I use the jflte ones. If I use the jfltespr versions GPS works fine.
I don't get why the jdlte versions the gps didn't work though.

Guess I'll go back to ugly tw and use wanam.

Just FYI.........I MISS MY S3!!!!!!!!!

Update:
Finally found a working ROM called candy ROM. WiFi works, GPS works. Haven't had time to test BT but so far it's been good. Only thing I don't like is the recent list doesn't have a clear all. I think there is a mod that you can adjust that though.

I really like carbon ROM though, so hope I can find one the works on this phone.

Since CM is broken try looking for the Beanstalk, AOKP, or Dirty Unicorns ROMs. Hopefully one of those will have a build for your S4 bro.

By the way, I do believe I am familiar with the Candy ROM you're referring to. :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones