• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Shinjitsu Rom 1.5.2.4 OTA Available(Discontinued)

Which battery icon do you like better?

• 1.5b Battery Icon

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • 1.5.1c Battery Icon

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, got a problem...... had to get a new warp due to the fact it landed in my dogs water bowl and now junk, got a new warp, came with b08c on it, restored woodstocks nandroid to roll back to bo8, starts up fine, when it goes to sleep, and go to unlock, black screen..... can feel it unlock due to haptic feedback, but everything is black. had 1.1c on my other warp with no issues, it will install 1.1c, but same thing. after initial unlock, black screen....... tried both of woodstocks nandroids, but nothin. already rooted and has cwm. even fixed permissions.... nothin. any ideas? or i may just wait till shinjitsu 2.0 comes out (read it was gonna be b08c compliant)... but i miss it already. :(

Upvote 0
ok, got a problem...... had to get a new warp due to the fact it landed in my dogs water bowl and now junk, got a new warp, came with b08c on it, restored woodstocks nandroid to roll back to bo8, starts up fine, when it goes to sleep, and go to unlock, black screen..... can feel it unlock due to haptic feedback, but everything is black. had 1.1c on my other warp with no issues, it will install 1.1c, but same thing. after initial unlock, black screen....... tried both of woodstocks nandroids, but nothin. already rooted and has cwm. even fixed permissions.... nothin. any ideas? or i may just wait till shinjitsu 2.0 comes out (read it was gonna be b08c compliant)... but i miss it already. :(

flash this with ClockWorkMod

bootwithadbenabled.zip

Upvote 0
flashed file in cwm.... now should i try the nandroids? woodstocks first then 1.1c then 1.5? by the way nice little note "reboot phone you freak" LMAO!!!!

if you restore a ROM with a nandroid

flash my file afterwards

the nandroid will overwrite the boot partitions and you will have the old kernel that does not work with the newer phones

my file flashes the newer kernel to the boot partition

Upvote 0
Ok I have been using the ROM all day and this is my initial review of it. It's terrible....;)

No it's actually quite good, The ROM overall functions quite well, and is very snappy. It does have some glitches but that's to be expected.

Pro's-
1. The wifi is MUCH better. There are not any issues with connectivity as with earlier releases and there seems to be less issues with it dropping signal over time. There also seems to be a boost in overall signal as well.
2. The interface seems to flow a little better when using the phone. ADW works fine (I am actually using Go Launcher now) and there seems to be no issues as far as I can tell with that.
3. Call quality seems ok, and there doesn't seem to be any significant issues with lag with the performance with the phone. Overall it is very stable and seems to be functioning smoothly.

Cons-

1. The ROM does have some glitches, chief among them is an issue I had with the Bluetooth going in and out. It seemed to be struggling to maintain a signal with the phone. A reboot did fix this and I haven't had a repeat of this so I will chalk it up to an anomaly. I still think this should be mentioned.
2. Multiple Market errors plagued me when using this phone earlier today. It took about 2-3 purges and an update uninstall to get the Market to function correctly. It seems to be holding for now.
3. The phone locked up and crashed twice today with fairly mundane use. Overall for a custom ROM beta this isn't that big of a deal, but it should still be mentioned.

As a whole I will say that 1.5b is a big win so far. Its issues seems to have been abated for the time being and it has been functioning smoothly for the last couple of hours. Thanks again to Shinru (who really needs to put up a PAYPAL button) for all his hard work with this. It's nice seeing people step up and take chance with this phone. IF anyone is still on the fence with this ROM I do wholeheartedly recommend giving it a try. :)

Attachments

• screenshot_000002.JPG
    screenshot_000002.JPG
    226.5 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0
Ok I have been using the ROM all day and this is my initial review of it. It's terrible....;)

No it's actually quite good, The ROM overall functions quite well, and is very snappy. It does have some glitches but that's to be expected.

Pro's-
1. The wifi is MUCH better. There are not any issues with connectivity as with earlier releases and there seems to be less issues with it dropping signal over time. There also seems to be a boost in overall signal as well.
2. The interface seems to flow a little better when using the phone. ADW works fine (I am actually using Go Launcher now) and there seems to be no issues as far as I can tell with that.
3. Call quality seems ok, and there doesn't seem to be any significant issues with lag with the performance with the phone. Overall it is very stable and seems to be functioning smoothly.

Cons-

1. The ROM does have some glitches, chief among them is an issue I had with the Bluetooth going in and out. It seemed to be struggling to maintain a signal with the phone. A reboot did fix this and I haven't had a repeat of this so I will chalk it up to an anomaly. I still think this should be mentioned.
2. Multiple Market errors plagued me when using this phone earlier today. It took about 2-3 purges and an update uninstall to get the Market to function correctly. It seems to be holding for now.
3. The phone locked up and crashed twice today with fairly mundane use. Overall for a custom ROM beta this isn't that big of a deal, but it should still be mentioned.

As a whole I will say that 1.5b is a big win so far. Its issues seems to have been abated for the time being and it has been functioning smoothly for the last couple of hours. Thanks again to Shinru (who really needs to put up a PAYPAL button) for all his hard work with this. It's nice seeing people step up and take chance with this phone. IF anyone is still on the fence with this ROM I do wholeheartedly recommend giving it a try. :)

That really means alot to me, and i greatly enjoy reading the reviews you guys post, as for the issues im going to take my time and comb through the 1.5 build and fix them. The reboots may be attributed to the experimental update drivers i added. Compatibility isnt to great with them yet, and im still working out the kinks. I couldnt pass up the 20fps gain though.

I should have it all working fine and in the form of an update by next week

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones