• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] The Alien Kernel by Dm47021 Updated to 3.0....gosh i update alot

how was your alien abduction experience

• Total voters
I think I figured out the typing lag. Turning up the minimum CPU speed in No-Frills got rid of it. I noticed you eliminated the speeds between 3xx MHz and 7xx MHz. Maybe those are the speeds the governor would normally use while doing a light task like typing and they're not there, so it's shifting down to the next available speed which is too low for the task, hence the lag. IDK, just a guess.

One other detail. Any time I go to take a pic, the stock camera app FCs. My aftermarket camera won't even load.

Reactions: xman95
Upvote 0
I think I figured out the typing lag. Turning up the minimum CPU speed in No-Frills got rid of it. I noticed you eliminated the speeds between 3xx MHz and 7xx MHz. Maybe those are the speeds the governor would normally use while doing a light task like typing and they're not there, so it's shifting down to the next available speed which is too low for the task, hence the lag. IDK, just a guess.

One other detail. Any time I go to take a pic, the stock camera app FCs. My aftermarket camera won't even load.

Just tested my camera...using mui it took the first pic then force closed. And every time after that both camera and video would fc.

Upvote 0
Ive been using CameraICS+ Fover..

anyhow, here is a logcat of the camera issue.

D/KeyguardViewMediator( 248): setHidden false
W/ActivityManager( 248): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{406d2200 com.moblynx.cameraicsplus/com.moblynx.cameraics.Camera}
I/hubo ( 248): Activity {com.sonyericsson.home/com.sonyericsson.home.HomeActivity}
W/WindowManager( 248): updateFocusedWindowLocked newFocus=Window{407237e8 Sorry! paused=false} mode=3 mCurrentFocus = Window{407237e8 Sorry! paused=false}
W/WindowManager( 248): updateFocusedWindowLocked newFocus=Window{407237e8 Sorry! paused=false} mode=2 mCurrentFocus = Window{407237e8 Sorry! paused=false}
W/WindowManager( 248): updateFocusedWindowLocked newFocus=Window{407237e8 Sorry! paused=false} mode=2 mCurrentFocus = Window{407237e8 Sorry! paused=false}

Upvote 0
ba9u4yhu.jpg

I am straight lol, This girl is going to get Mexican later with me, so I'm bout to get off here.

Upvote 0
Camera FC is caused by a memory leak.... Dammit....

See the thing with this kernel, it really was built with Alien Technology..in a way.
Its built from an experimental source that is still under development.
i cant really go into details about it because it would say too much.
But that being said, iam glad camera is the only issue. and iam working on that

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
My new rom works with ur kernel very good and the camera works, im using ics camera, (not ics+), my rom will be dropping today...

Camera FC is caused by a memory leak.... Dammit....

See the thing with this kernel, it really was built with Alien Technology..in a way.
Its built from an experimental source that is still under development.
i cant really go into details about it because it would say too much.
But that being said, iam glad camera is the only issue. and iam working on that

Reactions: Dm47021
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones