• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] The Alien Kernel by Dm47021 Updated to 3.0....gosh i update alot

how was your alien abduction experience

• Total voters
Okay, As i promised
I have a Temporary Fix for the camera issue with my ALIEN kernel
for those of you who want to keep using my kernel. Thank you, i will stick by you 100% and resolve this issue.

If you go into your camera settings and turn the megapixels down from MAX setting. it will take the picture, quality varies from app to app so you may have to play with it until it works.

i now know what the problem is and working on a fix to compile into the kernel.

Reactions: sb43
Upvote 0
It's not the script/scripts...basic swap using swapfile works fine. The issue occurs when the system tries to mkswap zram0...it just hangs.

right. i think that is because my scripts we seperate.. swap which created the file, mkswap, and a swapon script... or it could be the google snappy compression, ill change it back to LZO and see what happens

Upvote 0
right. i think that is because my scripts we seperate.. swap which created the file, mkswap, and a swapon script... or it could be the google snappy compression, ill change it back to LZO and see what happens

The latter seems more likely...I disabled all scripts and ran each command separately in terminal with the same result...not to mention your dram script actually was a single script whereas your swapfile script was what was broken into different parts and again swapfile swapping worked just fine.

Upvote 0
The latter seems more likely...I disabled all scripts and ran each command separately in terminal with the same result...not to mention your dram script actually was a single script whereas your swapfile script was what was broken into different parts and again swapfile swapping worked just fine.

recompiling now

Reactions: PsyMega
Upvote 0
There are a Number of High end, Free Camera Apps that work Fine with my kernel, it seems the issue is with Stock, CameraICS and CameraICS+, Camcorder works on stock, so For now, until i have a propper fix, you can use this for your camera, i have tested it, and using it myself. similar to stock.. Much smaller.

http://www.mediafire.com/?asnxb0fj6crmzhm

Iam sorry for the Inconvenience

Upvote 0
Reporting back:

Alien-Kernel-Beta-Interactive on n00b VI
SetCPU Pro:
Main: 122-368, interactive, sio, set on boot
Profiles:
Battery>45C <=20%, 122-122, powersave, pri 100
Battery>40C <=30%, 122-245, conservative, pri 95
Battery<50C, 122-368, conservative, pri 50
Battery<=75C, 122-368, interactive, pri 49
In call, 368-768, interactive, pri 45
Screen off, 122-245, conservative, pri 40
Charging Any, 122-1209, interactive, pri 35

Everything working perfect, no lags, no fc, wifi ok, camera ok
Thanks a lot

Reactions: Dm47021
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones