• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Boots up but turns off

jj8811

Lurker
Nov 10, 2010
I'm not sure if this would be considered "bricked" or not so I'm not sure what to search for in the forums, so sorry if this has been asked to death here already.

For some reason today, my phone wouldn't install apps successfully anymore, so I turned it off to reboot in hopes that it would solve the problem. But ever since, I'll turn t on, and it'll take me as far as the galaxy logo, and then just shut off again. I've tried taking out the battery, the sim card, etc. and it still won't work.

Any help? I've had the phone for almost two months now, so I can't exchange it, so I'm hoping it's not just dead. The green charge icon still shows up when I plug it into my charger, so I don't think it's completely dead...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones