• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked htc one e8. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franklh

Lurker
Jun 23, 2015
Hello all. I dont know if this is the proper area for this post, if not i apologize. I have rooted htc one e8 and i recently tried to flash a custom rom. I did a nandroid backup first but in process of wiping before the flash i inadvertently deleted the backup (dont ask me how i accomplished that), anyway now no matter what i do the phone just keeps going to the boot loader. I have twrp as a custom recovery which i am able to boot into. Ive tried flashing a couple different roms to no avail. Heres the info from the boot loader screen if it helps.

MEC_WHL PVT Ship S-ON
HBOOT 3.18.0.0000
Radio 1.08.20.0707_2
OpenDSP v38.2.2-00542-M8974.0311
OS 1.12.651.1
eMMC-boot 2048MB

Any help that anyone can give is appreciated.
Thanks.
P.S. I probaly wont be able to respond till Wed. day afternoon be cause of work

So how exactly did you try flashing these ROMs? Step-by-step. Because if you are doing something wrong then maybe we can spot that and suggest a fix. Also to be sure, these ROMs were built for this exact model of phone?

In the limit we can try to track down an RUU for you to reflash the phone to stock. For this we'll need to know the "customer id" (basically region and the carrier, if any, it was sold through). If you don't know this, use the fastboot command "fastboot getvar all" to find out (as you've flashed a custom recovery I assume that you have fastboot set up on a computer).

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones