1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Burn in image..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sho95, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sho95

sho95 Android Enthusiast

Is any one seen if they are getting a burn in image of the status bar. I can see it when the back ground image is lighter in landscape mode.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. uncwhawk

uncwhawk Newbie

i have started seeing the larger numbers from when i put it in charger dock. only had a month so not sure if this will be getting worse or not.

3. sho95

sho95 Android Enthusiast

I thought burn in images was a thing of the past. Not even my plasma tv gets burn in images.

4. sho95

sho95 Android Enthusiast

I been looking for more info on this issue and many more are starting to see burn in images on the Galaxy S.

I chatted with Samsung support and was told to call Galaxy S team at 1-877-392-4252 so I can send it in for service or what not.

5. uncwhawk

uncwhawk Newbie

haha did they say when you might be getting the phone back after you send it in?

6. sho95

sho95 Android Enthusiast

just got off the phone with Samsung and they want me to send it to them for repair. Turn around time will be 6 days with free shipping.

7. nile677

nile677 Lurker

I read this thread so I looked and noticed this too.The PM from the status bar is slightly burned in. what else can go wrong with this phone.... :mad:

8. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

One of the reasons I prefer to the pull the clock out of the themes I do

9. artman540

artman540 Android Enthusiast

I have the battery charged notice burned in on mine..... Go eff yourselves Samsung, my crappy BB Storm was a better phone.

10. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

11. artman540

Mine is definitely burn in, it's been there for a month. Maybe I'll drop it in the toilet and get an insurance phone.

12. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

Eh, they're doing the repair for free, right?

13. artman540

I thought burn in generally wasn't covered under any kind of warranty due to it being a property of the gasses used.

14. AlissaLL3

AlissaLL3 Well-Known Member

I have major burn-in.
    Top bar and ADW Drawer Icons are on my screen and distracting now.
    Nothing I've tried removes this.

Had my phone for 3 WEEKS.

15. djb28

djb28 Android Enthusiast

Never heard of this happening. I like to keep my screen free of icons and use mainly dark walls. So hopefully i wont encounter this. Or at least be able to see it with a dark wall! lol But that sucks. Sorry to those that have had it happen. These phones arent cheap.

16. ecc444

ecc444 Member

I just read about this topic in another thread! Now I'm understand why the latest update does not allow for "always on" while plugged in AND the screen time out went from 30 minutes max to only 10 minutes. Another Samsung work around instead of a fix I guess.

17. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

There is no "fix". MOLEDS are subject to burn in, as are plasmas. The only "fix" would be going back to LCDs (Which still suffer from burn in, just takes a whole lot longer).

18. sho95

sho95 Android Enthusiast

Definitely burn in image. In my case I can even pinpoint the time it happened cause the time is clearly burned in.

19. thefnshow66

thefnshow66 Member

I have pretty good burn in on my phone. I have the media buttons of the dogcatcher podcast app showing on my phone whenever I have a white background. I thought this was just my phone but it looks like this is a common issue. :(

20. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

Blue themes are more likely to cause burn in. So avoid using blue themes if possible.

21. sho95

sho95 Android Enthusiast

Well I was waiting to pick up a HTC Thunderbolt in order to ship the Fascinate to Samsung but it has not been release yet. So I ended up taking it to Verizon and was sent a "Like NEW" phone and to my surprise it sure looked new and everything works grate.

22. Nirvalica

Nirvalica Newbie

I'm pretty sure there aren't any gases in the display. The pixels are a matrix of colored led's.

23. nghthawk47

nghthawk47 Newbie

My wife picked up a new Fascinate on Black Friday and also bought the desktop cradle for work. within 3 weeks, the time (from cradle) was burned into the screen and luckily she was able to return for another new one within the 30 day return policy. Was surprised it happened in just 3 weeks of use. Haven't seen any issues with the status bar on either of ours. Definitely worried about the next 18 months of potential additional instances......

24. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Android Expert

I'm at almost 6 months and probably 10 different themes with no sign of burn in

25. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert

That is shocking. Did she have the screen saver on (Where the clock bounces around the screen)?

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews