• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Glad ya'll found them useful.

I'm new to this type of thing...Anyway I'm trying to root my phone,G'zone Casio Commando.It will not let me change the time on it and I read that its something that Verizon had done to possibly not to have it changed,I don't know.Also,do you suppose to disable your anti-virus program on your computer to help root a phone?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! STEP BY STEP,If you can.

THANKS!:thinking:

Upvote 0
gpsjunkie,

Cool. Very cool.

I don't know where you got the MSI to install the ADB drivers, but I've been looking for something like this for days.

Verizon, NEC, Casio, and my local salesman were useless wastes of oxygen in this regard.

One thing that was peculiar was when I went into USB debugging mode from Applications | Development, the CASIO CDROM USB Device driver never was found, it just sat there Searching... So far it hasn't been a problem.

I got nothing before. Now I get the expected serial number when I run ADB DEVICES.

C:\Users\MrJuanDerful>adb devices
List of devices attached
A100000ABCD123 device

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. MUCHOS GRACIAS AMIGO/AMIGA.

Reactions: Willster419
Upvote 0
Here are the usb and abd drivers for the commando. Use with SuperOneClick to root. It's a windows driver installer file. Unzip and click to install. You can use one of the unzip files to explore if you want to check out the contents. Pulled this out of the temp folder on my machine.
I downloaded this and launched the file. It appeared to already been installed. I uninstalled ALL drivers related to the commando, unplugged it, and attempted to reinstall the driver. Still, nothing. I want to get rid of 2.3.3, and I found only one way to do it. And all I need to do is get it to the bootloader. I have adb on my PC, but I need WORKING drivers.

Upvote 0
I downloaded this and launched the file. It appeared to already been installed. I uninstalled ALL drivers related to the commando, unplugged it, and attempted to reinstall the driver. Still, nothing. I want to get rid of 2.3.3, and I found only one way to do it. And all I need to do is get it to the bootloader. I have adb on my PC, but I need WORKING drivers.
Use the universal adb drivers by Koush.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
universal adb driver?
https://adb.clockworkmod.com/

Edit: seems I am a day late and a dollar short :) Cheers James L !

Reactions: James L
Upvote 0
universal adb driver?
https://adb.clockworkmod.com/

Edit: seems I am a day late and a dollar short :) Cheers James L !
Love these drivers, right click on the yellow icon in device manager, click update drivers, have my own, choose the C: disk program files X86 Clockworkmod folder.

Then choose the Google nexus drivers or HTC, they seem to be pretty universal.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Reactions: James L
Upvote 0
try these if you are still stuck
I don't know why I'm doing this now, but here's a screenshot of this link.
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 6.34.18 AM.png

Yes, I appear to be on a mac, but it's a school device. I need Windows 10 drivers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones