• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

calendar reminder

A

Android Question

I used to be a Blackberry user for a number of years. I would put in an event in my calendar and set a reminder a day or two in advance to put the event in my brains horizon. I would then reset the reminder for an hour or two before the actual event time for the same day, just in case my brain failed (frequent occurrence). It would then remind me when the time came around, one or two hours prior.
My Samsung phone reminds me on the first reminder, no problem. I reset the reminder for the new time, close to the actual event. The alarm continues to remind me and remind me and remind me and remind me and remind me until I am forced to delete the calendar event. I have downloaded a different calendar to use and get the same results.
Why does the alarm fail to reset to the new time? Is there another app that does this better? Am I missing something in how I set up events?

I love this phone. This is the only complaint I have. HELP!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones