1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Calendar widget Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by loomer, Oct 26, 2010.

1. loomer

loomer Android Enthusiast

My calendar widget will not update to the current date. Right now it is showing that today is yesterday (which is when i placed the widget on my desktop). When I open the widget, the calendar shows the correct date, but on my desktop it doesn't.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast

I've been having the issue myself, it only started recently, can't seem to put my thumb on it.

3. Steven58

Are you using Launcher Pro or something like it? The important thing is that the calendar syncs fine. If it does, you're good. The issue is that the widget syncs with the calendar on a set schedule which you may or may not have control over.

If you're using LP, then there's a little "sync" circle on the bottom of the widget. Hit that, let it sync and you should be up to date.

Bottom line: The widget is NOT the calendar app. It needs to sync with it. Updating is not done at the time of the calendar change, necessarily.

Steven

PS: moving this to support for ya. Hope this answers your issue.

4. loomer

I am using LP, but not the LP widget. Using the stock calendar widget. I prefer the stock calendar app/widget over the LP calendar. Is there an issue with stock widgets syncing on LP?

5. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Android Enthusiast

I had the same issue with the stock widget so I switched to the LPP Agenda widget and I like it much better.

6. loomer

What is that? The Calendar that comes with LPP?

7. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Android Enthusiast

The calendar has 2 options, calendar or agenda. I use the agenda option. There is an icon in the top right corner to change it.

8. loomer

Right. I guess I am just going to use that. Sucks that the stock calendar has such a bad glitch. I like the look of it.

9. Dabrador

Dabrador Android Enthusiast

Anyone know if the system update fixed this problem? I too like the look of the stock calendar widget.

10. The_Knight

The_Knight Lurker

Any solution to this problem? I can't believe Motorola screwed up EVERYTHING on the software front....

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews