• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Calls do not ring through after cm7 flash

ghurm

Aug 27, 2011
Sorry to be flooding this place with my issues, I only hope it's helping others...

My latest issue after flashing cm7 and the 704 radio (with its associated Lte radio) I've. Noticed that I now have no home button function at all. I get the haptic feedback, but I do not get brought out of whichever app I'm. I read on a forum somewhere else that it might be due to titanium backup having restored a system data file that looked like it is for Bluetooth settings. Looks like I might have to reflash and try to restore just the apps and their data, damn me for not heeding the "don't restore ANY system setting" warning from the how to post on this forum..

Unless one if you gurus have a solution for me... I did try to go back into titanium backup and wipe the system settings but it didn't help.

My deluge of geek-tastic issues...

Anyway.. after flashing cm7 and the 704 radio (with the lte companion) I find that none of my calls ring through. The callerhears it ring maybe twice then it goes to voicemail.. assoon as voicemail picks up I see that it registers as a missed call. I get no visual or audible notification that the call is coming in nor a notificationof the missed call (other than the blinking led after the missed call..

None of my contacts are blocked, my ringeris up, silent mode is off.

Also have these same symptoms for SMS messages.

I may have to reflash because if other (home button) issues anyway, but I'd rather not if I can help it.

Man I feel tech-stupid right now, not my usual position. :-/

Upvote 0
Did you use ROM Manager to flash CM7 by chance? Whether you did or not, sounds like something happened during the install. I would suggest wiping cache and dalvik cache and then reflashing the ROM.

If you're still having issues after that I would suggest a full wipe (data)

edit: I merged your two threads. In the future you can ask numerous questions in the same thread. No need for multiple threads.

As I said above, I would suggest the same for your home button issue

Upvote 0
Did you use ROM Manager to flash CM7 by chance? Whether you did or not, sounds like something happened during the install. I would suggest wiping cache and dalvik cache and then reflashing the ROM.

If you're still having issues after that I would suggest a full wipe (data)

edit: I merged your two threads. In the future you can ask numerous questions in the same thread. No need for multiple threads.

As I said above, I would suggest the same for your home button issue

Thanks, yah.. I wasn't sure about that, thought separate issues might want to be in separate threads...

anyway.. I did not use ROM Manager.. well, not really.. I had tried to use it to make the initial backup of my stock ROM and when I started the backup from there the phone rebooted and then got stuck in a boot loop at the HTC load screen. I pulled the battery after 15 minutes of it sitting there and then booted into recovery from ROM Manager, maybe that was part of my problem.. at that point I did a full wipe from clockwork and flashed the ROM first, noticed that I only had 1x connection (no 3g, i'm not in a 4g area @ home) and then flashed the 704 radio with it's lte companion. I still only had 1x after that @ 3:30 this morning when I went to bed.. @ 7 when I got up I had 3g, so... weird there, too.

I did not notice if I had home button of ghostly incomming calls until after I did the restore from titanium backup...

I'm goign to do a full wipe right now and reflash... I'll coem back in a bit and let you know how it works out..

other than these (relatively minor and probably my fault) issues I really like the cm7 ROM.. for what that's worth. :-/

Thank for all the help I've gotten here in this forum, I lurked for a long time... I feel like I owe a bunch of you folks a couple of beers. :)

quick question on that... if I wipe everything and reflash cm7, will I aslso need to reflash my radios? or will they still be there after that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones