• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calls going straight to voicemail

ltb3

Apr 22, 2010
Hello all, I am in need of assistance again. :)

Recently, (past week or so) my Hero started missing calls. Someone would call, and be put straight to voicemail. I wouldn't get a missed call notification or anything, only way I knew they called was I would get a voicemail notification. If they called right back, it may ring, may not. I could get a call ten minutes later, and it would ring. Not dependent on any one caller, it happens to everyone. This is really starting to get on my nerves. This happens when I am not using the phone, with plenty of signal strength.
I'm running aospCMod build number GRJ22 (I think it is the May 23 build)

Any help would be appreciated. I read one thing on here saying that it may be when it isn't on 3g that the call won't come through, I have noticed that my icon goes to 1g a lot for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated!

I was just recently having the same issue but I'm running gingerbread hero 1.2x. I wasn't getting any incoming calls or any notification that I had missed calls. I did two things, not sure which one fixed the problem. For some reason my phone was not allowing "in country" roaming, so I turned that on. Then I cycled "airplane mode" on and off. This has seemed to fix the issue for now. Hopefully this doesn't start happening again when I get back home today. My issue seemed to started happening when I was at home (where I have very poor service).

Good luck.

Upvote 0
If you are underclocking your CPU when it is asleep or idle, you may have it underclocked too much. Try raising up the lower end of the MHz frequency to something higher.

Underclocking the CPU too much makes the handset sluggish to wake up in time to perform services that require instant action, like phone calls. I have mine set to around 240 MHz and I have experienced no issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones