• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I update my LG-P870, or is it too old of a phone?

M

Mildly Concerned

Software Update in Settings does absolutely nothing ("No software update to be downloaded") and I really don't follow this kind of stuff, so I was wondering, is my phone too old? It currently has 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich i think?) and I can't download any kind of app because of this... Help?

If there is no update available your only chance to update is if someone has made a custom ROM based on a newer version of Android. If they have then you can root the phone and install that. Check first though (XDA-developers forum is a good place) because there may not be such a thing for that phone.

If it exists, someone else can advise on how to root and install. Rooting procedures vary between phones, and I'm not familiar with that model.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones