• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you learn to draw

If you're mostly right-brained, you can pick up a pencil and draw something pretty good. If you're mostly left-brained, you might be able to draw a straight line if you can find an app that will do it for you.

It's like asking if you can reach a tree branch that's 8 feet off the ground if you're 4 feet tall. Art is a right-brain activity and if your dominant hemisphere is your left one, you become a logician or a programmer. Go with your strength, going with your weakness is a waste of effort.

Upvote 0
My suggestion is to get some tattoo design books and start drawing them freehand. There are a lot of patterns and such out there. Look for something that has black and white like this:

tattoo-designs_9.jpg

Practice drawing them free hand. Then draw them backwards (a common tattoo method is transferring). They use a transfer paper (makes it easy to trace a pattern then transfer it onto your client). Using that method, you want to have it on the transfer paper backwards because when you transfer the pattern, it will show up right.

Upvote 0
See I think things like that would be a big problem it's more detailed things I struggle with animals trees etc. Roses skulls and things are OK and Koi carp

Yeah, that's a challenge. But a fun one... The best thing to do is to find black and whites (like my example) of those more complex things. They're out there. Buying books of them will help you out, plus gives your clients referance for what they are wanting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones