• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cannot boot into clockwork recovery

bmar29

Nov 20, 2009
i KNOW my phones rooted, ive applied the update and ive been doing root things for quite awhile.
However, when I go into rom manager, download a rom, and install it, it brings me to the normal recovery menu, the blue one with only 4 options.
I reapplied the update.zip and still nothing

When I try to reflash the clockwork it says...
An error occured when attempting to run priveleged permissions

im not on any custom rom...just stock 2.1

Im having trouble installing kernals for the new froyo update. I can't seem to get a change in clock speed no matter which kernal i try, im stuck at 800. My wifi is still broken as well, and now i can't reboot into the manuel clockwork recovery utility now, i just keep getting long reboots back to startup. Im starting to dislike this froyo:mad:

Upvote 0
To fix rebooting into CWM:

Use ROM Manager to push SPR onto your phone. Then use it to push CWM back onto your phone.

For kernels:

Make sure you're copying the .ZIP file (not extracted) to a folder of your choice, and make sure that you use the option from Install --> ...from SDCard - so you can navigate to it.

Pay attention to what happens, see if it is reporting an error when the logging text goes flying by - perhaps you're not actually getting the kernel installed at all...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones