1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot create or delete certain files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RandomSF, Jan 9, 2012.

1. RandomSF

RandomSF Newbie
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    I am not able to create or delete files in the Music or Pictures directories by any method. I've tried the built-in File Manager, ES File Explorer, and even Air Droid from my Desktop. The directories show as Writable, but nothing I try to delete, create, or move seems to work.

Is there something locking these directories?

Advertisement

2. RandomSF

RandomSF Newbie
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    After updating to ICS, I am still unable to delete create files or directories in those directories.

Still looking for help on how to fix this.

3. jzk

jzk Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Can you copy files to those directories? I just got my replacement prime last night, and whenever I tried to copy a file to the Music directory, it just hung there. Eventually I just made a Music2 directory, copied everything over, then deleted the music directory and renamed music2 to music. If I were to have additional problems, I would look into finding some utility that does checkdisk type functions on the prime's internal memory.

4. RandomSF

RandomSF Newbie
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    I can do no functions in these directories at all. Not create, delete, copy into or anything. Thus I am unable to delete the directory in order to create a new one. I have created a support case for this with Asus. We'll see how they come back.