1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Cannot download from gmail google or apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Paul Clarkson, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Paul Clarkson

Paul Clarkson Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2017
    Ok here is the deal. I believe my issue started when i cleared all cache via some combination of start volume and home key or similar and then clear cache.
    I can download apps from playstore and move apps and files btw internal and external storage.
    But otherwise any download of files or pictures is gone. They hang or just drop out. Whatsapp just displays phone numbers without contact names. I couldn't get my computer to access my phone via usb for downloading photos. But my gfs computer worked. Kindle can't find its downloaded books.
    I tried clearing cache and disable on download manager. I have made sure all relevant apps have storage permission. I tried a different file manager. I remounted the sd card. A few things i tried gave errors suggesting its a read/write permission.
    So help please!

Advertisement

2. Paul Clarkson

Paul Clarkson Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2017
    Few more bits of info. I can still open and view items coming through as attachments on email. I can even save them. I can take photos. I can't take screenshots. I cant see multimedia text msgs.

3. Paul Clarkson

Paul Clarkson Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2017
    Oh come on someone reply to me :spitoutdroid:

4. A bochur

A bochur Android Enthusiast

Jul 22, 2016
    Male
    I would suggest a factory reset

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.