• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot download from gmail google or apps

Ok here is the deal. I believe my issue started when i cleared all cache via some combination of start volume and home key or similar and then clear cache.
I can download apps from playstore and move apps and files btw internal and external storage.
But otherwise any download of files or pictures is gone. They hang or just drop out. Whatsapp just displays phone numbers without contact names. I couldn't get my computer to access my phone via usb for downloading photos. But my gfs computer worked. Kindle can't find its downloaded books.
I tried clearing cache and disable on download manager. I have made sure all relevant apps have storage permission. I tried a different file manager. I remounted the sd card. A few things i tried gave errors suggesting its a read/write permission.
So help please!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones