1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Cant Backup ROM since FroYo upgrade on Samsung Galaxy S

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djbosman, Feb 23, 2011.

1. djbosman

djbosman Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    First time in a forum seeking advice ... Total noob!

If this is the incorrect place to place a plea for help, kindly advise where else I should do this. (Thanx!)

Since upgrading from Eclair to FroYo (Through Kies), RomManager does not do the backup. The phone is rooted, everything works (Titanium Backup etc.) but when I run Backup Current Rom, it displays the New Backup Name and once I click OK, the phone reboots into recovery mode. All I can do then is select "reboot system now".

I've read an article (Rather dated ...) on Koush's BootStrapper app. But that appears to be for a Motorola device.

Can anbody PLEASE advise what I may try to enable my SGS to successfully run RomManager again?

Much obliged!!

Advertisement

2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert
    None

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
    Some of these terms (Koush's) don't ring a bell with me...are you using a Sprint HTC Hero? (CDMA) If not, we need to get you to the rigtht area.

EDIT: I see you have a Samsung Galaxy S. Post and related folloow ups moved.

3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    Kies is Samsung software and "SGS" means Samsung Galaxy S. I think this person is in the wrong section.

He has a Samsung Galaxy S smartphone. We just need to know which one so the post can be moved.

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Passing the ball on.... just joking.

I don't use ROM manager myself. If you just want to back up rom, look for one of the custom kernels like speedMod or Advanced Voodoo. Both of them are based on clockwork recovery, and thus include rom backup option. You can find links to a few kernel in the guide thread.