• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant Backup ROM since FroYo upgrade on Samsung Galaxy S

djbosman

Lurker
Feb 23, 2011
First time in a forum seeking advice ... Total noob!

If this is the incorrect place to place a plea for help, kindly advise where else I should do this. (Thanx!)

Since upgrading from Eclair to FroYo (Through Kies), RomManager does not do the backup. The phone is rooted, everything works (Titanium Backup etc.) but when I run Backup Current Rom, it displays the New Backup Name and once I click OK, the phone reboots into recovery mode. All I can do then is select "reboot system now".

I've read an article (Rather dated ...) on Koush's BootStrapper app. But that appears to be for a Motorola device.

Can anbody PLEASE advise what I may try to enable my SGS to successfully run RomManager again?

Much obliged!!

First time in a forum seeking advice ... Total noob!

If this is the incorrect place to place a plea for help, kindly advise where else I should do this. (Thanx!)

Since upgrading from Eclair to FroYo (Through Kies), RomManager does not do the backup. The phone is rooted, everything works (Titanium Backup etc.) but when I run Backup Current Rom, it displays the New Backup Name and once I click OK, the phone reboots into recovery mode. All I can do then is select "reboot system now".

I've read an article (Rather dated ...) on Koush's BootStrapper app. But that appears to be for a Motorola device.

Can anbody PLEASE advise what I may try to enable my SGS to successfully run RomManager again?

Much obliged!!
Some of these terms (Koush's) don't ring a bell with me...are you using a Sprint HTC Hero? (CDMA) If not, we need to get you to the rigtht area.

EDIT: I see you have a Samsung Galaxy S. Post and related folloow ups moved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones