• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't put S-Pen in Note 9 please help!!!

Pal5150

Lurker
Apr 10, 2019
I am not able to place my S-pen in my Note 9 as I accidentally got glue in the hole when I tried to fix a broken S-pen (yes I am an idiot). My question, if I were to get a front screen replacement. Will that repair give me a new S-pen housing and fix this issue?

Last edited:
I think the OP's problem is that they tried to glue an S-Pen and now have a blob of (set) glue blocking the hole.

The question is, where in the hole is the glue (i.e. how viable is it to use a narrow metal probe and pick it off)? You'd want to avoid the mechanisms that hold it in or detect when it is inserted, so you'd have to proceed with care.

Otherwise, if you were considering a front screen replacement, how about getting the S-Pen housing replaced? That might be a cheaper repair, after all.

Reactions: jjbergholdpainting
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones