1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't put S-Pen in Note 9 please help!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pal5150, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Pal5150

Pal5150 Lurker

I am not able to place my S-pen in my Note 9 as I accidentally got glue in the hole when I tried to fix a broken S-pen (yes I am an idiot). My question, if I were to get a front screen replacement. Will that repair give me a new S-pen housing and fix this issue?

#1 Pal5150, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by The_Chief, Apr 11, 2019 (1 points)
  3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

no idea as far as getting your s-pen fixed along with your screen....i doubt it.

.....however, if we continue on the conversation as to "accidentally" breaking your screen with insurance would be insurance fraud which is illegal per Site Rules/Guidelines

Hadron likes this.
  4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Replacement S Pens aren't that expensive... in fact, Samsung had a promo on them a couple of months ago, and they were like $15. I had enough points racked up in Samsung Pay to get it for nothing

:D

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I think the OP's problem is that they tried to glue an S-Pen and now have a blob of (set) glue blocking the hole.

The question is, where in the hole is the glue (i.e. how viable is it to use a narrow metal probe and pick it off)? You'd want to avoid the mechanisms that hold it in or detect when it is inserted, so you'd have to proceed with care.

Otherwise, if you were considering a front screen replacement, how about getting the S-Pen housing replaced? That might be a cheaper repair, after all.

jjbergholdpainting likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews