• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't send texts, can't send calls

deWize

Lurker
Sep 4, 2016
Hey everyone.
I'm having issues with my phone, but like, a lot of issues. So you see, it all started yesterday. I reset my phone for various reasons. Everything was fine. But, when it was finished, I couldn't send texts or calls. Everything else works... I thought so at least. Most apps started bugging, which is extremely annoying. Randomly, I get messages like " com.android.phone has stopped " " com.process.gapps has stopped " " com.novalauncher has stopped " and " com.settings has stopped ". So I just am forced to reboot my phone because I can't get on the home menu, if I do, can't open the settings and I if I can open them, it closes. EVERYTHING else works perfect fine, from emulators to whatever else I use. I thought it could have been my root. So I unrooted my phone. Nope. I really need help.
To sum up, here's all I get
Emergency Calls Only. Tho my phone detects my SIM card perfect fine.
All the process that I listed up there. It's annoying as hell.

International Mobile Equipment Identifier. It identifies the handset to the network. It's also used by networks to bar stolen phones, or phones that have been blacklisted for other reasons (insurance scame, breach of contract). Invalid IMEI is a bit worrying, as if that is genuine it could result in your phone being unable to connect to the network (depends on exactly what is wrong and your carrier's systems). A factory reset or cache clearing shouldn't affect it, but I've heard of some brands where some root modifications can result in it being wiped (never heard of Wiko, so no idea in their case). Seems an odd thing to be an intermittent message though.

Upvote 0
Well, I use a Wiko Lenny 2 . The processes have been fixed by simply clearing the cache. I noticed though that I sometimes a message that says " Invalid IMEI " what's that ?
Frankly that sounds like a problem with the phone's baseband, which would certainly tie-up with the emergency calls only. Invalid or no IMEI, means it can't connect with the carrier.

Is the phone still under warranty? If it isn't, could try re-flashing it, if that's possible.

Reactions: MLSS
Upvote 0
But if it is one where the IMEI can be corrupted it might be good to find out how to fix that before doing anything else (in case e.g. you need to be rooted to fix it).

Certainly I'd check the IMEI (Settings > About > Phone identity on my phone) and see what the phone currently thinks it is. It should be a 15 digit number.

Reactions: MLSS
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones