• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Clear website showing 4G all around DC and Baltimore

jmcging

May 14, 2010
I used 20810 and got real specific map showing 4g and then entered a bunch of Columbia and Baltimore zip codes and while the map did not show specific coverage zone shading areas, I was offered the opportunity to sign up.

I picked random zips up and down I-95 and there seemed to be coverage offered most everywhere on the westen shore until you start down towards St Mary's. Eastern shore also came up dry, as did Frederick itself.

What site are you on? I just checked my house in Calvert County and it says no coverage, then I checked my office in PG County and it says "Future coverage" with gray overlay. All around 95 it shows gray as well, for "Future coverage". I don't see any green, but when I pulled up my work address it says "Clear coverage" but that isn't what the map shows.

Upvote 0
CLEAR Internet in Baltimore, MD is Launching Soon

If you live in Baltimore, Maryland CLEAR wireless Internet will soon be available in your area. CLEAR Internet will bring high-speed wireless Internet to Baltimore, MD as well as other surrounding areas. Keep checking back on the availability of 4G Internet from CLEAR in your area, as the Internet service is launching soon. CLEAR will virtually turn the entire city of Baltimore into a wireless Internet hotspot. CLEAR is available in your home, on-the-go and even offers VoIP services.

---

My point is that a week ago, using a Baltimore or Columbia or DC suburb zip got you a "Clear not available at this location" message. Today you get "This ZIP has Clear coverage" or when I use my street address "Clear has you covered" and you can sign up.

I see the grey "coming soon" for DC, but none of that is showing up for Baltimore.

As far as I'm concerned, don't really care what the map shows, care if they say I can sign up for the service because to say they can take my money means that they have a service to deliver (now or reasonably close to take money...).

I live 1 mile from 3 Clear antennas and the Sprint 4G map still shows me as just (by 2 blocks) not being inside a Sprint 4G coverage area, but a Clear rep said that these 3 Clear antennas were to go live before 6/4.

Given the Clear map used to say "no coverage" 1 week ago and now says "let's sign you up" I'm of a mind that Clear's 4G is really rolling out in the area. Even if the map isn't all that up to date.

If it offers you a plan, contact them for more specifics. I'd do it myself but I can't upgrade till July 2, so it's not that hot an issue for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones