• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Corporate Wireless connection

blatant

Lurker
Nov 29, 2010
I've done a little googling and the such as, however so far everything I've tried doesn't work

I am trying to connect my samsung galaxy s (2.1) to my work's wireless network. It's a windows AD domain. I know a little about the protocols in place however am not entirely certain how it all works.
They use 802.1x with PEAP and MSCHAPv2
I've extracted my user certificate from my desktop at work (certmgr.msc) and installed it in the store on the droid.
in wireless neworks it finds the SSID, and I put PEAP/MSCHAPv2 in the settings, I select the certificate.
it doesn't connect.

I can provide more details of the network as needed but I'm not sure what exactly to include.

I am part of the IT department. I have permission, and administrative rights to the DC but I didn't do the initial configuration which is why I'm unsure how it all fits together. I can ask the sysadmin further details but he's already had a play with the phone.

Edit: I should mention we've in the past tried to get several androids (desire etc) and iphones on the wifi for staff but dismissed as too hard. now i own one I'm more persistent. If we figure it out, connecting smartphones will become part of our business model

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones