• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Could not Dismount, Factory Reset, Stuck on HTC

I had a well-behaving Eris until now. Hooked it up to my Mac to switch photos, but for some reason it would not allow me to dismount the phone. So after waiting 15 minutes, I pulled the cord and...ouch. Immediately phone was acting mentally challenged, could not load all apps, slow as politicians. Battery pull was worthless, so I went with the factory reset (first through the settings option, then through the boot up option) and now it seems like it's turning on, Verizon logo swishes by and gets to generic unlock screen. But when I unlock, it just shows the HTC logo and that's it. Nothing else. Unresponsive. Eventually blacks out where all I can do is reboot.

Heading to Verizon store later, but thought I'd try this hive of Eris brilliance first. Any options left to resuscitate my beloved or am I now stuck with whatever refurb they send me?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones