• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Curious ... What's the age of a Bionic owner?

Curious ... What is the age of the Bionic owners?

• Under 10!

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 11 - 19

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • 20 - 29

Votes: 49 28.5%
  • 30 - 39

Votes: 40 23.3%
  • 40 - 49

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • 50 - 59

Votes: 27 15.7%
  • 60 - 69

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • 70 and over...

Votes: 6 3.5%

• Total voters
58, work in a music store. Years ago I was at the CES show in Vegas when I heard gasps and whispering from the entrance to the hall I was in. That place is always packed, but I turned and witnessed what I can only describe as the parting of the Red Sea - here comes a short Japanese man with a giant battery pack on his side, talking on a phone!!! One woman yelled out "LOOK, HE IS TALKING ON A PHONE THAT IS NOT CONNECTED TO A WALL!! He acted like he didn't even notice the sea of people with wide eyes and open mouths backing up as he went. After he passed by, I turned to the guy I was with and asked if he thought one day we would all have phones like that. We decided that maybe, when we had space cars like the Jetsons, we might have phones like that. When I pick up my beatiful new Bionic and see all it can do (Motoprint!!!) I am as amazed by it as I was that phone in Vegas. I came from AT&T and the Atrix, I activated an old Droid on the last day of unlimited to hold a spot for a Bionic. Sure glad I did.

Upvote 0
I'm 62 and am retired. Enjoying life, so have lots of time to enjoy my new Bionic. Actually, I'm tracking it on UPS, as it'll be delivered tomorrow. I currently have a DX, which has been great, but I want the dual core and 4G.
This poll is very interesting. I see that the 20s & 30s make up the majority of owners, which makes sense. It slows to a trickle when you see the results for my age group.....lol.

Upvote 0
"LOOK, HE IS TALKING ON A PHONE THAT IS NOT CONNECTED TO A WALL!!
What a fun story! It just blows my mind how far we've come in half a dozen decades of tech. I'd love to learn Java, but haven't done any "programming" since ye olde days of DOS.

My husband had a phone built into his car in the very early 80's. A monster, but it was portable!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones